the case (part two)

‘you can do room three today.’ Olga smiled as if this was the most polite thing she could do for Sherlock. ‘ I don’t like room three.’ Sherlock said stubbornly. ‘well then.. learn to like it. Everyone is working at full hours. And you shouldn’t slack off just because a certain room is not your favorite.’ Olga said. She always acted like she was the boss around here, telling people where to go and just as much sending them away as quickly as possible. Olga was in her mid-thirties, but looked like she could easily be 25 years old. The way she wore her shirt indicated domestic violence, and she never had her wedding ring on when outside. She never spoke of her husband, (not that Sherlock cared about that) what made the others worried. After a bit of a fight Sherlock finally went into room three. Not that he thought that Olga was right about it, but he did not feel like having a fight when he could also be doing his job. Inside was another ‘old guy’. The man had grey hair, a soft smile and was wearing a… jumper. This was not good. It reminded him too much of John.  ‘stop doing that’ Sherlock said. ‘doing what? My name is Steward, by the way. The guy (apparently steward) said. ‘I don’t care. stop wearing your.. clothes. ‘ ‘oh. Okay.’ Steward said, looking confused.

Friday, 8 p.m.

John had reached the house. Sherlock was already outside, waiting for him. ‘ah yes. John. Finally.’ He pulled John into the house with him. ‘who are we looking for?’ John whispered. ‘Sherlock pulled John close and whispered in his ear: ‘the daughter. Olga. Friend of mine. She’s been hiding here. Her father told her to pull the trigger. She’s currently at the upper floor.’ ‘oh. What’s up there?’ John inquired. ‘loft.’ Sherlock released John, but kept him close. ‘we should not alarm her. Stay quiet, keep behind me. Ok?’ he said, before finally releasing John fully. ‘ok.’ They started walking until they reached the final floor. ‘Just through that door.’ Sherlock whispered. Suddenly the door creaked open and in a hurry Sherlock pushed John and himself into a large clothing closet. Inside there he pushed john against the wall and started talking into his ear. John was flustered and confused, and not entirely comfortable about the way his limps were pressed tight between the edge of the closet and Sherlock. ‘listen. She heard us moving. We need to be more careful. Keep silent.’ When John tried to talk Sherlock quickly put his hand over John’s mouth. ‘shhh’ Sherlock said aggressively. John closed his eyes. If he would just keep silent it was going to be alright. Even though that was the case, John would really like to be standing on his own two feet rather than being pushed against a wall.

‘Sherlock, would you mind-‘  John could not finish what he was going to say because suddenly Sherlock pushed his own lips against John’s for a chaste kiss. He drew back, and whispered; ‘shut up’. Of course.. John thought. Sherlock was a very strange man, and he would obviously find kissing his straight flat mate to shut him up normal. Even though it was dark in the closet, it seemed as if Sherlock  was a bit… flustered?  John decided not to ask about it . it was just Sherlock, after all. Even though John wanted nothing more than to kiss him again.

‘coast clear.’ Sherlock opened the closet. It had been more than an hour, and Olga had fallen asleep. Sherlock held out a hand to help John climb out of the closet, then grabbed his handcuffs and quickly cuffed Olga to her own bed. She started screaming. ‘It wasn’t my fault!! HE TOLD ME I HAD TO!!!!’ Sherlock phoned the police. After a while Lestrade was at the house. He smiled when Sherlock had explained that Olga was the murderer.  John joined Sherlock when he was to talk to Olga. Olga did not say anything about the murder. She just laughed. ‘hey, you are John right? ..Johnny… does he use these handcuffs on you, too?’ Sherlock did not even seem concerned. ‘you killed someone Olga, and you want to talk about my sex life?’ he asked. ‘well he does seem flustered around you… your.. thing.’ Olga said. ‘flat mate.’ John said. At exactly the same time Sherlock said: boyfriend. They looked at each other. ‘yes. Flat mate. Of course.’ Sherlock said, and quickly walked away.