The Heart Chooses {3}

I went into school the next day and looked around worriedly for any sign of Mark. I spotted him at his locker and rushed over, grabbing his shirt.

                “Mark!” I cried.

                “Shaw,” he said, raising an eyebrow. “Nice to see you too.”

                “Hush up man!” I cried, shaking him a little. “I’m having white girl drama over here!”

                “White girl drama?”

                I jumped in surprise and spun to face Chandler. He smirked at me and laughed a little. Maxx stood next to him, his eyes locked on Mark, a small smile on his face.

                “Easy lover boy. I need to talk to my best friend. I know what you two were up to last night,” I said impatiently.

                Mark blushed a little. “Can I just say hi to Maxx and then I’m all yours Shaw. I promise,” he said. I sighed and nodded, releasing his shirt.

                He went over to Maxx, hugging him and kissing him deeply. He turned back to me and took my hand, pulling me away from the best friends.

                “What did you need Shaw?” he asked curiously.

                I searched his eyes and suddenly wondered if I could tell Mark. Would he get mad at me? Ah well. Guess I’ll find out.

                “I think I’m crushing on Chandler,” I mumbled.

                Mark’s eyes widened. “Shaw!” he squeaked out, unsure of what to say. “I don’t want to be hypocritical or anything, but I don’t think that’s a good idea. You know that Chandler is a million times worse than Maxx used to be.”

                “That’s why I said I have a problem!” I said impatiently. I groaned and face palmed myself before punching myself in the chest. “Bad heart! Bad, bad heart! Fall in love with someone else!” I whined.

                “Love?” Mark asked in shock.

                I slapped a hand over my mouth and shook my head violently. “That’s not what I meant!” I cried. “I didn’t mean love! I…You…You know what I meant Marky!”

                He sighed and wrapped his arms around me. I hugged him back tightly, loving Mark’s hugs. They always made me feel better. He was such a good hugger.

                “I don’t know what to do. I like hanging out with him, and I don’t want to stop. But he would crush me if I tried to date him or anything,” I said once Mark had pulled away from me.

                The look in Mark’s eyes when Maxx had broken his heart flashed back to me. God, that kind of pain had to be unbearable. I didn’t want to know what it felt like.

                “Would it be easier if I was there?” he asked.

                “I don’t know,” I said  miserably and held my arms out, needing another one of his hugs.

                Mark immediately moved into my arms and we held each other tightly. What the hell was I supposed to do about Chandler?

                “Aw, look at the fags.”