Chapter 9|What's Life About Filling With Pointless Things

Second person Point of View
Quick tw (trigger warning) btw
--
"Sorry for getting us in detention," you rubbed the back of your neck, trying to make up for it with a smile.

"It's okay. I'm part at fault as well," Shouto replied. Plus I don't mind being alone with you after school for forty minutes, he thought. He could have said it out loud, but he didn't. He wondered why.

"Well, not to make this a competition but I'm the one who should have been keeping track of time on the roof," you cut yourself off, then asked the question you were initially wondering when he first approached you at the roof earlier. "Say, what were you doing at the roof?"

Shouto hesitated. "You weren't there, and I wanted to find you. I assumed you'd be on the roof if you were still eating. Food isn't allowed in the library," he answered. He wanted to chill with you then, in short. The roof was where you'd most likely be.

"Um, okay." You weren't sure if you were satisfied with that answer, but it was okay. You didn't expect much more from Shouto. While walking out the school, you pulled out something from your backpack; a notebook and a mechanical pencil.

"Oh? What's that?" asked Shouto.

"A log. I want to try and keep some kind of diary right now," you paused. "I don't know, I'm just really bored," you changed your answer. "I guess it mostly serves as a doodle dump."

"Can I see?"

Shit. Um, I guess? Fuck, it's embarrassing. "Sure, just, uh, gimme a second." You flipped the pages and scanned for anything inappropriate or embarrassing and scribbled out a few drawings really really hard. It wasn't sexual or porn, nothing like that (that you hadn't torn out), but there were doodles of your friends you didn't want him to see. And classmates. Tenya, Ochaco, Tokoyami, Bakugo, Asui, Izuku and Shouto. But they were cute and you didn't want to get rid of them. Just let him see then, whatever.

"Here." You handed him the sketchbook without making eye contact. Edgy drawings and shit, you know. While walking, he looked at the pages. You watched him eye every little and detailed drawing the same, examining it carefully. God you wanted to die.

"Is it really that interesting?" you half mumbled.

"Huh?" Shouto perked his head up.

"Nothing, nothing, you," you shook your head..

After a couple minutes of silence and walking, Shouto finally closed your sketchbook.

"Here you go." A wave of relief filled you when he gave you back your sketchbook. He noticed that most of the drawings were just messy, minor, and some had little effort. It's not like he could do any better, they all looked good in his opinion. A slight smile formed when he saw his classmates on a page, and himself. Fuck, it was too adorable.

"Thanks," you didn't bother putting it away and just held it in your arms, walking peacefully. "Shall it be the library today?" You looked at him.

"If you want." He shrugged.

"Unless you had somewhere else in mind," you said.

It took him a second to come up with an answer. "Yeah." Now he looked at you. Shit, he's cute. . . "Do you. . . Want to meet my mother?"

Your eyes widened, but you didn't want to seem rude. It would be an honour! But you were nervous, and scared. It was normal for you to feel that way with strangers, but it was Shouto's mother. You were certain she was just as good of a person as him.

"Yes," you nodded.

Cute.

--

On the way to the hospital, Shouto explained the scar incident. (ngl I don't remember if he already told u or not lol) To your understanding, she was different. Or different in the way that she no longer hated his left side. If Shouto would give her another chance, you were certain you would as well. The incident only fueled his resentment towards his father. The same went for you.