Chapter 50; real life

Nowadays, Cole's attitude had been fairly similar to Lilis when she'd beheld the interaction between Darcy and him. The mere difference being, on no occasion did he vacate his house. His heart had been entirely wrecked and his life seemed pointless if it lacked Lili.

Her words constantly pottered within his mind, no matter how many countless moments he did his utmost to be oblivious to them.
Cole wanted Lili but it was too late.
As for her, she wore a grin which showcased joy as a facade for her sincere emotions. Those emotions being that she missed his company...tremendously.

However, she told him him it was too late, when realistically...it wasn't.
She had genuinely enjoyed the date she shared with Grant, but they appeared to be better off as friends.
Even if Lili pretended she was completely over Cole, all those close to her could see through the transparent facade. But, everybody refrained from interrogation since they upsetting her wasn't on their list of hobbies.
On the other hand, Kj and Dylan aimed to get Cole out of the house. Cole however was headstrong and persistently claimed victory, meaning he never left.

But, today was the day.
Kj strolled into the lounge room and seated himself upon the mahogany, leather lounge where Cole was viewing forever's end, alsoknkwn as a film in which Lili starred in.
"Dude, you can't just sit around and mope all day."
Cole discerned every single word Kj had stated, but he chose to ignore them all and kept his focus on the movie playing on his flatscreen television. It was only until Kj had repeated the identical sentence six times that he decided to respond.
"Do you mind keeping the distractions on the down low? I'm trying to watch a movie here."
"Yeah, of Lili."
He sighs, prior to stating: "Man, firstly it's a great movie. Secondly, I can't see her and if I can't see her then I don't want to see anyone else. To be quite frank, I don't want to see you or Dylan everyday."
"Dude, I think it's time you win her back."
"But...she said it's too late now."
"It's never too late, dude."
"Even if I wanted to, she wouldn't even listen to me."
"Look, Lili's hiding behind this facade which is that she's over you and doesn't miss you in any way, but she does! She may not even be able to tell herself but she's lost without you."
"So...what should I do?"
"Win her back."
"How?"
"I don't know...be creative."
"That didn't help at all."
"I'm aware."
A smile of determination capered across Cole's lips, as he whispered to himself: "I will get Lili back."