one // promise #1

"what do you mean you're not ready to be a mother? don't you think it's a little too late for that, jo?" dallon shouted.

the raven haired girl only rolled her eyes and continued to pack her bag. "you know we don't work, dallon. the only reason we've stayed together this long is because you want the best for emily. you wanted this. i didn't." she shut her suitcase and walked over to dallon. "i'll be back when i'm ready. for now, take care dal." she kissed his cheek and walked away, giving him a small smile before she shut the door.

dallon shook his head and sat down on the couch, letting his head fall into his hands. he couldn't say he was surprised; the two had nothing in common, but something in him hoped that they could try to stay together for their daughter. it didn't work out.

as if on cue with his own emotions, emily started crying. although, her tears were most likely from hunger while dallon's were from anger. anger that he had repressed over the last few months.

as soon as he walked into the yellow-themed nursery and over to the crib, it felt like a weight was lifted off his shoulders. emily truly was the only person that could make him feel better other than brendon, but that offer was off the table before it even crossed his mind. he looked at his daughter and she stopped crying as soon as she saw him. a small (mainly gums) smile made its way onto her face, and she giggled, causing dallon to smile as well. he picked her up and grabbed a bottle.

she grabbed at his face as she ate and he felt a love he hadn't felt in a long time. he only stayed with jo because of emily. in his eyes, his daughter deserves the world. she finished eating and kept the same smile she had anytime she saw him.

he kissed her cheek and sighed. "we're gonna be alright em. daddy promises."