chapter three

CHAPTER THREE

AVERY NEEDED TO FIND THE perfect person to move on with

AVERY NEEDED TO FIND THE perfect person to move on with. She needed the perfect rebound. It had to be someone funny, hot, and someone who loved sports. This really narrowed her pickings. She had it narrowed down to four people.

Remus Lupin. He was by far her favourite choice, however she didn't know whether he would want to date her. Remus was a prankster, however he was the most kind prankster. He was smart, attractive, and a mystery, which intrigued Avery.

Her next option was Sirius Black, which made her gag. Not only would Sirius date her, but he fit all of her requirements. He was funny, hot, and athletic. The only problem that Avery had was the fact he's a huge player. They would only last for a week, which wouldn't work for her. Also, Frank didn't want her to date Sirius, and Avery always listened to Frank.

Next was Severus Snape. He was a close friend of hers, so she had the potential to destroy their friendship. Also, he wasn't the most sporty or 'hot'. Avery thought he was a different kind of hot compared to Sirius or Remus. Sirius was bad boy hot and Remus was nerd hot. Severus was more goth-emo hot.

The final option Avery had thought of was James Potter, which made her react like she did with Sirius. James would be more difficult to get because he was chasing after Lily. He fit the requirements to a t. Funny, hot, played quidditch. James was perfect.

She took a deep breath and fell onto her bed. Her hands ran through her hair as she thought hard about her decision.

"Lookie here! It's Lil' Longbottom!" James called out with a grin. Avery ignored them and walked over to her seat next to Severus.

"She's quite the girl, isn't she?" Sirius asked in a low voice. Remus rolled his eyes and Peter nodded. James shrugged.

"If my Lily-pad didn't go here then I'd be chasing after her."

Avery sat up. She had made up her mind.

Remus was a no. He never paid attention to her so there was no point in trying.

Sirius was also a no. Avery couldn't stand him and kissing him made her want to vomit.

Severus was a no as well. She didn't want to risk her friendship with him to move on from her ex.

That left James. He'd be a bit of a challenge, but at least Avery had a small chance. After all, he said that she was his second choice after Lily.

"It's him," she whispered to herself. Avery ran out of her dorm room and went downstairs to the Common Room.

"Hey Ave, what's got you so happy?" Severus asked as she plopped down next to him.

"I heard that Amos Diggory is hosting a party tomorrow, I think I'm gonna go."

"Enjoy the hangover." Avery smiled at Severus and lightly punched him in the shoulder.

"You should come too, it'll be fun!"

"I'm not a party person."

"Please? I'm pretty sure Lily will be there, considering the party's on a Saturday." Severus narrowed his eyes at Avery. She had found his weak spot. Maybe this was the reason she was a slytherin.

Avery knew Severus had the biggest crush on Lily, which she used to her advantage. "If you don't do my potions essay I'll tell Lily." Of course, Avery would never tell Lily, she couldn't do that to her friend. She only said she would to get what she wanted. Avery had a little bit of hufflepuff in her; she was very loyal.

"Fine. I'll go to the party with you." Avery squealed and hugged Severus, which he returned lightly.

"Here's a tip of what not to do, don't call her the m word, it'll really help your cause." She stood up and skipped out of the Common Room.

"What was that all about?" Lucius asked as he sat down where Avery did. Severus shrugged lightly.

"She just asked me to a party."

"Why would she ask you?" Lucius asked in a very rude tone. If Avery was still their, she would've smacked him. He only treated Severus with respect when Avery was around or Narcissa. After all, Severus was only a half-blood, he wasn't as good as a Malfoy.

"Because we're friends."

"She's up to something."