Ch 3. Forever and Always

A/N Scott’s song that he plays is the piano version of Forever & Always by Taylor Swift. I can honestly just hear him singing it and feeling it ... so I embedded the vid so check it out :) 

_______________ 

After Mitch left, Scott stayed behind there in that room. He took a seat again, fingers moving of their own accord, the slow melody altering his mood.

It felt so much harder now without Mitch and his confidence, his belief in him.  

He just kept playing until a familiar chord progression broke through and he began to sing. All the sorrow, the hurt, the pain he’d been living through, it all rushed forward.

More and more it flowed from his heart, his voice projecting the emotion around the words he was singing. The tears began to fall. Every word punctuated just how broken he really was. 

The more he felt, the more he cried until eventually he couldn’t keep playing. He stood, needing some air. He felt like he was suffocating.

He wanted all of that pain to go away. Months of hurt and anguish had suddenly clawed its way to the forefront and it sat like a ton weight on his chest. 

He just wanted it to end. 

He knew if he went home there was a good chance he would fall into darkness. He just knew he was in no state to be alone. 

But he didn’t really want to see anyone. 

Except… Mitch. 

He slowly made his way back to the office, wiping his tears on his shirt sleeve. He searched for Mitch’s file and made a copy of it, quickly stuffing it into the pocket of his jeans. 

He grabbed the coat that had kept him from running back into a bad situation. It would at least be SOME form of an excuse for just showing up out of nowhere. 

He felt rushed as he hurried down the street. He was sure that with the traffic he could make it there quicker on foot. 

He just needed to see him. 

He had to talk to someone. Everyone else had wanted him to talk, and he hadn’t been ready, but now he was. He needed to talk to someone. He NEEDED that feeling that came over him whenever Mitch was around. He couldn’t define it, but he craved it. 

Why did it seem like he was getting nowhere? 

Scott was too emotional, too upset. He took off running. 

He just had to get there. He had to.

When he finally found the place he was sure it was a mistake. He double checked the paper as he crossed the street to the abandoned building. 

No one could live there. Mitch must have made a mistake. It looked like there had been a fire and it just hadn’t ever been cleaned up or demolished. The house was in shambles, the windows boarded up. He moved closer.

He shouldn’t be here, it probably wasn’t safe. 

But Mitch…

How was he going to find him now?!

He closed his eyes as he could feel that warmth seep through him. He looked around but the boy was nowhere to be found. 

He sighed as he crossed the street. The disappointment at not finding the boy was massive. He was completely distracted, and he heard the car before he saw it. The loud beep sounded, but it was moving too fast. 

His eyes widened as he braced himself for impact.

Then only darkness. 

~