Strawberries

A/N: hi guys, I hope you like the fic :-))) I'm warning you now, it's gonna be a roller coaster of fluff and angst. I used real names in this fic, so if you didn't know, chuu=jiwoo, go won= chaewon, yves=sooyoung!

There was always something missing from Jiwoo's life, something that she knew guaranteed her a hopeless future. She looked down at her wrist, the one that supposed to have her soulmate mark. She ran her thumb over the pale skin, clean from any markings. She sighed, there will always be a fault in the system.

"And luckily, it had to be me," she groaned to herself. Your soulmate was supposed to have the same mark as you, that's how you knew they were yours. Yours to love forever, to hold, to cherish. The sappy stuff.

Jiwoo threw a pillow at the wall, "I hate love." Her back laid flat against the bed as she thought about her future. All those cheesy romance movies that she couldn't deny were cute was fully taking over her mind, and that's all she wanted to forget.

After a couple minutes of crying and rethinking everything leading up to this point, Jiwoo could finally hear her phone ringing. In fact, ringing a lot. She quickly stopped moping and sat up, rushing to grab her phone from the nightstand beside her.

"Hello??" Jiwoo held the phone tightly against the side of her face.

"Oh my god, Jiwoo, I thought you were fucking dead. Where the hell were you?? Why couldn't you pick up the damn phone, I've been calling for the past-"

"Chaewon, please. Chill. I was busy," she cut Chaewon off, blatantly lying, but she could see right through her.

"Do you mean crying over not having a soulmate again?" Chaewon rolled her eyes. "Really, you gotta get over that. Where's crying over it going to get you in life?" Chaewon attempted making Jiwoo feel better, but with no prevail.

"Where am I going to get in life without a soulmate?! Chae, you know how much I love, well, love. But I'm a hopeless romantic, literally," Jiwoo sighed into the phone, throwing herself back onto the mattress, ready to start moping again.

"Jiwoo, I swear if you start getting all depressing with me again I'm hanging up," Chaewon threatened, to which Jiwoo laughed.

"Don't worry," Jiwoo forces a smile, although Chaewon couldn't see. "I'm glad you called, it helps take things off my mind."

Chaewon chuckled lightly, "Anyway, back to the actual reason I called." Jiwoo listened carefully, expecting something around a serious topic, ready to give Chaewon her advice. "I want to order pizza but I don't have anyone to come with me, so..." Chaewon elongated the last word, already knowing Jiwoo's answer.

"Are you kidding me? You called for this?" Jiwoo laughed. "But yeah, pizza sounds good right now."

"That's good, because I'm already almost at your house, so you should probably wait outside for me. I'll be there in like, five minutes."

"Oh, god, alright, see you then," Jiwoo hung up and ran to her drawers, throwing on proper clothes and discarding her Hello Kitty t-shirt onto the floor that she only wore to sleep. She didn't even have time to brush her hair completely before hearing Chaewon's car beeping outside the window.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm coming," Jiwoo grunted under her breath while running down the stairs, tying her hair up in a very messy bun. She ran out the door and into Chaewon's car, almost out of breath.

"Jesus, Jiwoo. You took, like, two steps," she made fun of her heavy breathing, laughing at her. "Didn't I tell you just to wait out here for me? I think that would've been easier..."

"Shut up," Jiwoo bit back a smile.

Chaewon laughed, "Okay." She turned on the radio, blasting music throughout the car as the two of them sang their hearts out to the songs. As they did so, Jiwoo couldn't help but notice the mark on Chaewon's wrist. So tiny, so simple, yet so powerful. She forced her eyes off of her, but even then she couldn't stop thinking about it. Luckily, they arrived at the restaurant soon and Jiwoo's only thoughts consisted of her empty stomach.