(bonus chapter)

A/N: hey guys, thanks for supporting this book so far, it makes me 😩😭💖💕 fr though, you guys are too sweet. so, as promised, here's a bonus to last chapter, following our poor baby Chae.

Chaewon's phone screen was the only thing that provided light in her otherwise pitch black room. The light reflected onto her face as her eyes were glued to it, calling Jiwoo relentlessly, over and over again.

"C'mon, Jiwoo, pick up," Chaewon whined, both hands holding onto her phone. The longer Jiwoo ignored her, the more time it gave Chaewon to think about that night, where this whole damn thing started. How Chaewon left Jiwoo, after they both told each other they were falling for one another. She thought separation would help her forget, forget Jiwoo's touch, Jiwoo's lips, and the way it made her feel.

Those three weeks were torture, pure torture. For some reason, giving Jiwoo space wasn't helping Chaewon at all, only making her situation worse. So much worse, Chaewon was so scared of allowing these feelings to escape from inside her heart. She had been falling for Jiwoo for some time now, but nothing could have prepared Chaewon for when she finally fell, and she fell hard. No matter how hard she tried to ignore the cave in her chest because of the loss of Jiwoo, realization was inevitable. Her legs were shaking, she felt so nauseous as she finally came to terms with her feelings, allowing them to erupt inside her chest.

Fuck, I'm in love with Jiwoo.

As soon as Chaewon admitted this to herself, she had been calling Jiwoo, hoping it wasn't too late, that she would forgive her. That maybe she, too, has fallen.

But by the way Chaewon was being ignored, it seemed as if Jiwoo had already forgotten about her. Chaewon's heart clenched at the thought, as she immediately began tapping her  thumbs against the keyboard, hoping Jiwoo would see the messages.

Chaewon: hello??

Chaewon: jiwoo??

The messages delivered, yet remained unread, only causing Chaewon to panic more.

Chaewon: i know i hurt you, i'm sorry

Chaewon: i was just scared

Chaewon: please pick up

Chaewon couldn't feel the tears streaming down her cheeks as her thumbs furiously tapped against the screen, wanting to gain Jiwoo's attention somehow, as if texting at a faster pace would grant that.

Chaewon: jiwoo

Chaewon: god, you're really not gonna help me out here, are you?

Chaewon sniffled, finally wiping her face as she noticed tear droplets landing on her phone screen, getting in the way of her messaging. Her forearm shakily sliding against her face, collecting the salty substance coming from her eyes. She brought her hands back to the screen to finish typing.

Chaewon: the other night, i meant what i said

Chaewon: and, god, i thought separation would help but look at me now,

Chaewon: hopelessly texting you, and being ignored...

Chaewon: can you just please pick up? i don't know how else to say this, god...