Sooyoung

"Sooyoung," Jiwoo repeated. "I like it."

Sooyoung's smile never left her face, and Jiwoo found that her's hadn't, either. She stepped away from her in order to make her drink, yet she could still feel Sooyoung's eyes on her, probably accompanied with her smile, too.

She poured the macchiato into the cup, getting out a sharpie and uncapping it. She wrote the girl's name on the cup, Sooyoung, and looked back up at her, now distracted by her phone. Jiwoo could tell she was texting someone and felt a pang of, what was it- jealousy? No, she just met the girl. In fact, barely knew her. But she was looking down at her phone, so happy, she must have been texting her soulmate. Of course. Why else would she have been so smiley?

Jiwoo's grip on the cup tightened, but quickly loosened again as she realized she was at her workplace, she had to be professional. "Your order, miss," Jiwoo smiled at her. Sooyoung looked up and nodded her head in appreciation, taking the cup.

Before she could leave, Jiwoo spoke again, "Who's that?" Jiwoo pointed her attention to Sooyoung's phone, forcing a smile. Gosh, why is she asking this? It's none of her business. But she didn't know how to shut her mouth, "Soulmate?"

Sooyoung laughed nervously, "Ah, no, actually. It's my friend, Yerim." Jiwoo could feel her face burning up, immediately embarrassed by her early assumptions.

"Oh," It was Jiwoo's turn to laugh nervously, now. "I think I know her, actually."

"Yeah, she was the one who told me about this cafe. She told me the drinks here were sooo much better than the drinks at Starbucks, which is normally my go-to," Sooyoung started, pushing her phone into her jean pocket. "She had compliments about the staff, too. That they were nice, and really pretty," She blushed, her voice hushing at the last part.

Jiwoo laughed at her sudden shyness, "Well, was she wrong?" She leaned over the counter a bit subconsciously, wanting to get closer to her. Her fragrance was appealing, floral and very sweet. It was so strong, leaving Jiwoo intoxicated as she rested her chin into her hand.

Sooyoung looked down at the floor, still smiling, "Mmm, I dunno yet... Maybe you can help make up my mind by sharing a table with me." Sooyoung made eye contact with Jiwoo, her smile blinding.

Jiwoo was surprised by her straightforwardness, but who was she to turn down such an offer? She walked around the counter to meet Sooyoung, who was leading Jiwoo to a table of choice. It was right by the window, and Jiwoo hadn't noticed the pouring rain outside until she was sitting down. She looked at the clock, it was 7:00PM. The cafe is supposed to be closed now, but Jiwoo allows it.

The windows were semi-fogged, and rain droplets collected on them. The sidewalks gathered puddles of the rainwater, as pedestrians walked around them, umbrellas in their hands. The sound of cars passing by mixed with the pit-pattering of the rain, and with Sooyoung seated across from her, the moment felt surreal, as if it jumped out of a movie.

Sooyoung was staring at Jiwoo as she was admiring the environment. She would have done the same, but Jiwoo's beauty was more serene than anything else in view. Her hands wrapped around her cup, still hot, yet sipping it anyways, the slight burn of her tongue didn't seem to bother her.

Jiwoo's head turned back to Sooyoung as she met her stare, finding her eyes once again. "It really is pretty outside, huh?" Sooyoung said to Jiwoo. Besides the two of them, the cafe was completely empty. "But it's kinda funny, how you're still the prettiest thing I see." Jiwoo blushed at Sooyoung's words, not knowing how to respond, so Sooyoung continued. "I never got your name," She looked at Jiwoo fidgeting with her hands.

"I'm Jiwoo," she smiled at the girl, and at the fact that now she was the shy one, when only minutes ago it was Sooyoung smiling shyly at the ground.

"Jiwoo," Sooyoung put her cup down, already finished. "Guess I should probably get going, huh?" She looked out the window, now completely dark outside. Jiwoo didn't want the girl to leave, she wanted her to stay, she wanted her company. Despite just meeting her, she really did feel connected with her.

Jiwoo almost didn't realize herself reaching for Sooyoung's hand, offering help out of her seat. She almost didn't realize herself walking her back to her car, holding Sooyoung's hand tightly in her own, their bodies close enough to each other to feel the other's body heat radiating onto them. She almost didn't realize herself smiling all the ride home in her car, thinking about Sooyoung. She almost didn't realize she was getting over Chaewon, forgetting the feeling that used to erupt in her stomach whenever she thought of her, forgetting the way she used to get lost in her eyes. She almost didn't realize she was drifting off to sleep and not having to think about her hopeless love life, and Chaewon's rejection to her. Almost.

But her phone screen lit up her room, beaming its light onto Jiwoo's face. Jiwoo blinked a few times and finally squinted to read it, jaw becoming slack and mouth an o.

Twelve missed calls from Chaewon

Chaewon: hello??

Chaewon: jiwoo??

Chaewon: i know i hurt you, i'm sorry

Chaewon: i was just scared

Chaewon: please pick up

Chaewon: jiwoo

Chaewon: god, you're really not gonna help me out here, are you?

Chaewon: the other night, i meant what i said

Chaewon: and, god, i thought separation would help but look at me now,

Chaewon: hopelessly texting you, and being ignored...

Chaewon: can you just please pick up? i don't know how else to say this, god...

Chaewon: jiwoo, i think i'm in love with you