Where it all Began

I was born in Boston, Massachusetts As a kid, I group up in a small city called Brockton in Massachusetts. I lived there for about 10-11 years. My family used to live in a small apartment. It was my mom, my uncle, and my grandparents. Soon after my favorite aunt, Aunt FiFi, would come live with us. My Dad was here, but my parents had separated for a bit to give each other some space, so my dad raised other family in the meantime. At the time, My mother was the one who paid the bills in the house, while she had a lousy job working at Wendy's. My mother was a tough cookie, and still is today ( just very old. just kidding, Love you Mom). It was very tough to see my mom struggle, and there were times where she was on the verge of a breakdown. But I was young, and I could never understand why she was always stressed. I always told her, " One day I want to take care of you" andexperiencing that one, singular moment of happiness in my mom's eyes made me work harder than ever at school. There was a point where I could have skipped the 5th grade. And she was just joyful about it. What made the moment bittersweet was when My mother was able to save enough money to finally buy new and better apartment in the town next door of Brockton, Abington. I could not have been happier in my life. The only person I know who was happier was my mother. My Dad also returned to help my mom and they were able to rekindle their love. Soon enough they got married( Yes, this means I was a bastard).Anyway, once we were able to move away from Brockton and got settled in our new apartment, It was time for my Mom and Dad to pick out a new school for me to go to. And the school they picked was a little school called Woodsdale. (And man, did I have the greatest teacher of all time). At this point, I was in the 6th grade and it was the first day of school. Everyone knew everyone in my class, except for me. I was the new kid in town, but everyone treated the same and I was cool with everyone. But there was one girl I saw and boy was she cute. She was wearing a purple dress, black flats, her blond hair was in a bun, but she had was the most beautiful hair, I'd ever seen and she also had a little to much make up on her face, However I couldn't care about that. But there was one odd thing about her, she was a very short, scrawny girl, but man did she look good. And to no one's surprise, the girl was Kaitlyn. In my mind, she was all I could look at or even think about. All year long I rarely talked to her, but when I did, hot damn her high pitch voice was so annoying. She sounded like a high pitch squeaky toy, but to her defense, we haven't gone into puberty yet. Plus, I sounded like Spongebob, if he was high in 6th grade, so I really couldn't say anything. The first time I talked to her,we found out we both had the same birthday. But, she was born in 2000, I was born in 2001. At our age, we believed in everything. We believed that we were magical twins, that were destined to happen. But one problem, is Kaitlyn is a beautiful white girl, while I am an African American with Haitian descent. So to this day, It still boggles my mind on why we thought that we were twins. I also learned that she was very gentle, but she wouldn't take shit from anyone. At this point, It seemed like we were going to have a long friendship, and I couldn't wait to get to know her better. At the end of our 6th grade year, we learn about our theme in life, OCOYA( Older Children or Young Adults) and we both used it as fire to push ourselves in life at the young ages of 11 and 12. Summer came by and it was really good. My family went to Disney for my birthday and I kept the thought of school out of my mind, including my friends which also meant Kaitlyn. I didn't want Summer to end but it did. 7th grade and 8th grade was my next priority now. And the next school I went to was called Frolio, Everything had change and so did Kaitlyn.