3; only child

"she got me going crazy,

why is my heart racing?"

- EXO Monster

+ nakamoto yuta

+ nakamoto yuta

"...and so the prices had to be raised again in order to maintain..."

seated in the long 12 seater table, my four brothers and my father were in the midst of a discussion. it was regarding my father's financial problems. this was originally supposed to be a family dinner, some dinner it was.

even though some people were missing, i wasn't going to complain.

while my brothers left their food untouched and advised my father on his situation, I quietly chewed on the apparently 5-star-chef-level-cooked steak. sigh, I wanted to make ramen tonight.

silently, I observed the way my brothers talked to my father. a stranger would hardly be able to tell that their relationship with him was one of a father and son. they all maintained their professional speech, thinking through and preparing their words carefully.

I scoffed, the only reason they were being extra polite with him was that they saw profit in him. at the end of this month, father was going to decide whom he was going to hand his position of the CEO of the Nakamoto Trading company to.

they were all jumping at the chance of grasping the 'favourite son' spot.

it annoyed me, knowing that the CEO of our family's company was going to be one of my 4 uncultured brothers.

after all, mom had put such hard work into moulding that company from scratch. she was the one who used to be the CEO until...

as horrible memories from the past started flashing through my mind, I felt a stinging sensation at my nose and my eyes started to water a little.

gulping hard, I looked at my father to gain his attention.

"dad, can I be excused for a while?"

before father could reply, Ayato, the second oldest spoke up,

"Yuta, that's so rude, not only did you interrupt our conversation, but you are asking for the permission to leave a family dinner."

I groaned, "cut me some slack, I'm already tired from work. plus, can you even call this a dinner?"

at that comment, a chorus of voices replied, creating a mini chaos.

"oh, just because you're the CEO of some company already, you think you can just rub it in our faces?" Yoshi asked as a rhetorical question, glaring at me.

"at least you were invited. be grateful, brat." Daisuke, the middle brother, shook his head.

"'work', as if you can even call it work. all you do is boss your employees around." Yoshi scoffed out, again.

"you're so immature. that's why you cant appreciate or join our discussions." Ayato said, glaring at me.

"grow up Yuta." Hanato, the oldest, sighed, pushing up his glasses on his nose.

god, why the hell was I not born an only child? and if you had to give me siblings, why couldn't you make them younger than me?!

my father managed to silence them and gave me the permission to leave along with a somewhat apologetic look.

I sighed, walking through the immense hallways and heading towards the garden for some fresh air.
finally reaching the huge well-maintained garden, I took a seat on one of the benches set out randomly. I look up and tiredly admires the stars spread out beautifully in the inky black sky.

that's when suddenly a strong gust of wind blew and I found my vision being blinded by an unknown source of light. a bright blue beam of light was all I could see for a few seconds.

then a scene started forming in my sight.

a girl, a very familiar girl had me in her arms. it seemed like I was on the verge of falling and she had stopped me from falling by hauling me up midway. it was a typical romantic drama cliche moment. except the roles were swapped.

she chuckled lightly as I blinked rapidly, something I do when I'm flustered. with the confident and not to mention pretty smile on her face, she spoke softly,

"hey sir. Na Hyejin at your service."

another beam of light replaced the scene and I blinked a few times to realize I was looking at reality again. I was still in the same garden at the same time, except I was completely shaken and confused by what I saw.

 I was still in the same garden at the same time, except I was completely shaken and confused by what I saw

"maybe I'm hallucinating because I'm tired.." I muttered to myself, ruffling my own hair.

a little while later, I found myself staring off into space, thinking about that girl. Na Hyejin, no matter how hard I tried to remember, I was sure I didn't know anyone with that name. yet.

a flashback from earlier that day struck in my mind, making my eyes widen.

the girl in my 'vision' was the same girl I had helped in the store. that's why her face felt so familiar. so her name was Na Hyejin? did I just predict that in my mind?

did they put drugs in my steak or something?

this book is supposed to be fancy and aesthetic what am i doing adding memes

fancy and aesthetic
what am i doing adding memes