Dick Grayson x reader

Dick slammed his locker shut and huffed as he slung his backpack onto his shoulder, wincing slightly as he did so.

It had been a tough one the night before, but Dick couldn't afford to miss anymore of school. Even if his shoulder had a bullet in it less than 6 hours ago.

It was 1:20, end of lunch. Dick just prayed that he didn't get knocked in the corridor too harshly, and maybe he could make it home in one piece.

Oh how wrong he was.

"Hey, it's circus kid!" Dick cursed as he heard the familiar voice of Jarrod, the leader of the popular kids. (Sorry to any Jarrods out there). Jarrod was 6ft of pure muscle and violence with less brain cells than a fish.
For some reason which Dick couldn't fathom Jarrod hated him, which of course led to most of the school hating him. Oh well. Who needs other people anyway.

"What." Dick snapped as he turned to them.
"Oooohh, Nancy has an attitude." Jarrod laughed.

Dick clenched his fists and gritted his teeth. He wanted to show Jarrod what's what but that was not and option in the condition he was in.

"You hear that everyone? DICK LIKES DICK!" Jarrod yelled at the top of his lungs, prompting most of the corridor to stop and stare at the two, and a few laughed. A circle had now gathered around the two.

Dick sighed to calm himself.

"Just leave me alone."
Dick went to walk away, but the circle of students blocked his path.

"Oh, leave you alone like your parents? How long do you think it's gonna be before your sugar daddy gives you up?"

Dick froze, before whipping around on the spot and kneeing Jarrod in the crotch. The students all gasped as Jarrod looked up at Dick angrily, before grabbing his injured arm and pinning him against the wall with it.

Dick squeezed his eyes shut, the pain amounting to nearly unbearable amounts.

"HEY! You leave him alone!" A voice sounded from the crowd. Silence fell upon them.

"Oh yeah? Move along kid, this isn't your business." Jarrod said, pushing Dick's arm further into his shoulder blades, sending another wave of pain through his chest.

"Ok then. It just became my business." The voice said as Dick felt the pressure being relieved from his arm. He dropped to the floor and opened his eyes to see a girl he didn't recognise beating the crap out of Jarrod.

She had him pinned on the floor, throwing punches at his angular jaw. Dick noted her nose was bloody, but she didn't seem to care as it stained her white uniform shirt.

Eventually she stopped throwing punches and got up, before Jarrod scrambled away. The crowd stood in silence.

She looked around at them. "What?! Want some too?" She asked, raising a bloody fist in the air. The crowd immediately dissolved, leaving the two alone in the corridor.

Dick got up shakily, holding his arm.

"Are you ok?" The girl asked as she smiled at him. Her shirt was covered him blood, some not even her own but she still smiled.

"Yeah... thanks. I'm sorry, I haven't seen you around before. I'm Dick." He said.

"Yeah, I'm new here. Name's Y/n." She said as she stuck her hand out, and Dick shook it.

"Is your nose ok?"

"Oh yeah, not my first time being punched." She wiped some excess blood off her face.

"Anyway, you'd better go to class." She said.

"What about you?"

"Don't worry about me. I always come packing." She said confidently as she pulled a clean uniform shirt out of her bag.

She then took out a pen and approached Dick before pulling on his hand and writing something on it.

"If you ever need an ass kicking again, call me." She smiled sweetly and walked off.

Dick looked at his hand.

82047 619 690 call me♥️

Dick smiled. He would defiantly be taking her up on that offer.

Yeah baby I'm back

As I'm aware most of you are having exams soon so
A- suck to be you
B- good luck!

I have no exams but tests this year, so updates with be slower, sorry.

Ever need any advice tho I somehow survived exams so I'm open to questions.

James ✌🏻