Ch.4 Can't

After the encounter with Joshua, I went inside my apartment and took a seat on the couch.

"...Does he really want to be my friend?" I stated out loud as I contemplated about Joshua.

"Its weird isn't it-"

I then felt vibrations in the pocket of my sweatshirt.

" Never mind, This is even weirder. "

~I'm just gonna show the text messages like this from now on~

Joshua: Hey :)

y/n: Whats up? :/

Joshua: Nothin much. Just wanted to check if you gave me the right number.

I can feel his desperation from here.

y/n: Are you serious about this? The situation itself is kinda odd....

Joshua: Truthfully, I am 100% serious about you and this situation. I know its weird but I want to be your friend even if I seem super desperate in the process.

Ugh, him saying something like that...Just the thought of his face aligned with those words made my heart flutter...Why could such an oddball do this to me? I don't like it but...I don't hate it.

y/n:....

Joshua: And if its so weird then why did you accept my offer?

Don't ask me that! I'd like a logical answer to that too...

y/n: Lets just say, it was a gut feeling.

Joshua: Really? I guess I'm lucky then. Most people don't trust their gut feelings.

y/n: yeah...I usually don't.

Joshua: why was I different then?

Dammit, I think I just dug my own grave. Sucks to be me.

y/n: well...that would be because recently I've been reminded of my past quite a bit. And once you mentioned who you were and that you saved me I just wanted to fill the blank spots in my memories. I'm basically curious about you and what you know about me.

Joshua: Nice to know we both want something from each other....

Hold up...whats that supposed to mean? Is he using me for something? I was gonna let it past like the fact that HE has a picture of ME but, I draw the line where I get hurt. Boy, that happened too many times..

y/n: Joshua? Whats that supposed to mean?

Joshua:....

y/n: Joshua??

....

Joshua: Don't worry about it...Its just, I'm not comfortable enough to state the reason why or what I want from you. Its kind of embarrassing.

Like what I said early about being curious about you? I'm still super embarrassed for not even sugar coding it...He didn't need to know THAT much. Thank god I wasn't specific with what I meant to go on and say that HE was the actual one who has been on my mind. HahA...yea...

y/n: oh...okay. I expect an answer before you leave though...You've gone and made me curious.

Joshua: If you get close to me I can tell you, no problem.

y/n: Really? Then promise me something.

Joshua:...?

y/n: Promise me that you will never lie to me. No matter how petty. I want to trust you but, in this situation it's kind of hard. Therefore, if you promise not to lie to me I will be able to trust you.

Joshua: I get it...But how do you know I will keep my word?

y/n: If you lie to me, the friendship you were so desperate to acquire will be thrown out of the window and you don't want that.

Joshua: Alright...you got me, I promise to never lie to you, y/n.

y/n: And just to be fair, I promise the same.

Well that was a fast development....didn't know I could feel so comfortable with him so fast! He just...has this vibe...

Joshua: oh...look at the time. I get it's probably summer vacation for you but you should sleep earlier. Wouldn't want you to end up in the hospital again, now would we?

y/n: I don't know. I wouldn't mind going back.

Joshua: Why is that?

y/n: It smells nice...that hospital...

Joshua: Please, just go to sleep.

y/n: Fine, I will, Goodnight.

Joshua: Goodnight.

- turns off phone -

" I guess its time to head to my bed."

~Ahh..same for me too..." I guess its time to head to bed." Jk. But, I know that development was kinda fast and the original text went even faster! So, I decided to break it into 2 and I could keep a pace ( which I didn't have in 2017 like, How do you just end up in a hospital? AND WHY DIDN'T I EXPLAIN WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE!?) Ugh, anyways the story from now on will have a tiny bit more sense but, that doesn't mean its 100% percent better. Still expect typos! I will explain everything I failed to explain in July of 2017 ! ( its too late to change since its almost been out a year...sorry)~