Ch.8 Won't

- 3rd person -

~ 7 years ago ~

" What are you gonna do for your 6th birthday?" Eyan asked y/n. They were sitting in the grass at the park behind y/n's house. 6 going 7 year old Joshua, 6 year old Eyan, and 5 going 6 year old y/n.

This was a fairly hot topic between the 3 of them. They loved birthday parties because they were so fun. Especially when it was for one of them, thats when the topic " birthday parties " got really heated.

" I don't really know," y/n finally spoke up after some thought, " whatever my brother wants to do? He knows how to have the most fun."

"...and what exactly do you want to do?" Joshua took his part in the conversation. Though, this question wasn't directed to the other two. It was directed towards the newly found member approaching to retrieve his sister for lunch.

" uh, me? " y/n's brother spoke and everyone else was quiet while awaiting Joshua's answer.

" Yep, what are we going to do for y/n's birthday?"

" Video Games, I love those!!!" y/n's brother spoke up. He absolutely adored video games. Especially when he got to play with his older sister.

Then, they each went back home for lunch. Which wasn't so pleasant for one of the three, sadly.

"Mom, I'm back!" Joshua said as he walked in through the door, not so happy about who he saw at the table.

"..oh, I came back for lunch." he continued to say afterwards.

" Just go into the kitchen with your mom. She will make you whatever you want." His dad, who was sitting at the table, spoke up.

Joshua just nodded and walked past the table to get to the kitchen. When he looked over his father's shoulder, he saw a picture of y/n's family. He was shocked but, most of all, scared. So scared that he took a sharp to the stairs and whispered, " I lost my appetite."

Joshua ran upstairs to his room and plopped on his bed without closing his door. His mind was flooded with thoughts and closing his door was just too tedious of a task to care about at that very moment.

"Why was her family photo there? Dad knows she is my best friend so, why!? I know what this family does...He is going to kill her!! I have got to stop him!...but what if he kills me...NO she is your best friend. She is worth your life. What if she wasn't in it anymore...what if-" Joshua's thoughts were cut off by the loud slam of the door. When he looked outside his window he saw his dad walking towards the car mouthing " finally..."with a grin on his face. And that's when Joshua knew, he needed to get his act together.

Joshua ran downstairs to talk to his mother, who was 100% understanding. She told Joshua that she would try to stop his dad that night when he came back so, Joshua should try and eat something then go back to his room and play some games. They both knew that the people who work for his father only do " the deed " in the morning so, they had time.

or at least that is what they hoped...

~ So...Uhh, this is short. And, well, I didn't have inspiration for this anymore. That was true. Though, this story is one of the few good ideas I had cone up with. Plus I came up with a way to continue the story!! I'm going to say that the lack of inspiration was a writer's block. I will update whenever cuz commitment ain't my type of thing, y'know? I hope you enjoyed :)~