Chapter 5

(Dart's POV)

Dart yawned and awoke from his sun time. The sun dappled his acid green scales. His dark green eyes scanned the area until he found his target. Venomspitter had just collided with Sharrow, and from the looks of it, she wasn't happy about it. He snarled. Stay away from my crush!  he thought fiercely. He jumped onto the blue RainWing's back and flipped him over and pinned him down. Then a brute force slammed into his side, causing him to lose balance. Before Dart could scramble back up again a dark talon grabbed his throat and pinned him to the Rainforest floor. He was a little surprised to see Sharrow glaring down at him. He then smirked.

"Why hello there" He said smoothly.

Sharrow gave him a disgusted look and headbutted him away. She glared at him a final time and stalked away, Venomspitter following close behind.  Dart glared at him, surely Sharrow would choose him over Venomspitter......right?

(Venomspitter's POV)

Venomspitter couldn't help feeling good inside when he saw the furious and shocked face on Dart when Sharrow rejected him. He stalked away with Sharrow, head held high. They reached the hatchery where Shimmer was waiting. 

"Guys! There's 2 new NightWing dragonets!" She squealed excitedly.

 Venomspitter brightened up. He and Sharrow walked over to the new NightWing dragonets. One was black and gray, the other way black and grayish blue. The black and grayish blue NightWing raised her wings, which were a deep blue, almost black, with scattered silver scales. The black and gray one had normal black NightWing scattered silver scales on his wings. Venomspitter and Sharrow stared in awe.

"Aren't they pretty?" Shimmer chirped.

Venomspitter smiled "yeah....I guess they are...."

(Darkblade's POV)

Darkblade looked in shock when another RainWing and a NightWing hybrid came in. They weren't that much bigger, not as big as the adults though. Darkblade spread his black NightWing and glanced down at his smooth gray underbelly. He glanced at his sister, Swiftstreak, who was studying her dark blue wings, she glanced at her wings and looked at his and looked at hers again. Eventually the 3 dragonets left, leaving Darkblade and Swiftstreak alone. They looked at each other, grinned, and sneaked out of the hatchery and into the rainforest. Unaware that something.....or someone was watching them.....