Chapter 11: Not the right time

Jihoon's POV

  "Seriously guys, how did you even get stuck in here?" Mingyu said, opening the door to the closet room.

  "It's kinda my fault." Soonyoung rubbed the back of his neck while slowly talking. "I exaggerated a bit to much when a girl came up to talk to Jihoon."

  "How did you get out of the classroom without Mr. Han telling you something?"

  "Oh, I acted if I needed to use the restroom really badly..."

  Jihoon zoned out and thought about what Soonyoung said back into the closet. 'Or maybe I'be already fallen for you'.

  Those words echoed through his head, making his heart rate beat a little faster. I shouldn't be feeling this. I shouldn't be thinking about this. It probably was a joke since he likes to mess around all the time.

  "Jihoon?!"

  "Uh?" The boy was so deep in thought he never realized that the taller boys were calling his name.

  "What were you thinking about?" Mingyu questioned.

  "Nothing." He quietly said. He stole a glance from Soonyoung, who was looking down.

  "Ok, then."

  They walked into class, but not before Mr. Yu asked for their excuse. Since the two who were in the closet didn't have one, Mr. Yu gave them detention.

Time skip:
In detention

Soonyoung's POV

  Soonyoung and Jihoon were both walking towards the detention room. The whole day they tried ignoring the wall between them. Their friends didn't help with the situation, either.

  During lunch, all of them decided to sit at one table where all of them could fit. The only good thing about it is that they knew not to talk about the pregnancy or teasing them about making a good couple very loudly.

  Other than that, they tried focusing on taking notes and paying attention to class. Soonyoung had thought over what he said. He thought that it was to soon for him to tell him how he felt.

  When they walked in, the teacher signed them in, took their phones, and told them to go to a desk. As expected, they sat a bit far from each other. Unexpectedly, Jihoon fell asleep.

  They were only stuck in there for an hour without a phone, without talking. Just pure silence between four students and one teacher in a classroom.

  For Soonyoung, this was a great time to think about what he should say to Jihoon on the way back home.

  Why did I say that?! I'm such an idiot! Maybe if I come up with a good lie he'll believe me. I just got to think of one.

Time skip:
One Hour Later

  "Alright, come get your phones and then you can get out of here."

  Just like that, the other two students that were in detention practically ran out. Soonyoung however stayed to wake up Jihoon.

  "Hey, Jihoon, wake up." He said, shaking the sleeping boy.

  "Hm? What?"

  "We can go now."

  "Oh, okay."

  Jihoon got up and both of them got their phones. Walking to the car was a bit awkward, so Soonyoung decided to talk about what happened earlier in the car.

  Once they got in, instead of him bringing it up, Jihoon did. "Did you mean it? What you said earlier." The younger didn't even glance at the older, by instead looked out the window.

  At first, Soonyoung didn't know how to answer, but then he found one. "Sorry if I freaked you out. I didn't mean to distance us- or actually I was just messing around."

  "Oh."

  "Don't think about it too much. And, again, sorry because I didn't tell you this earlier." He smiled awkwardly and forcefully.

  "It's ok, but thanks for clearing it up for me."

  After that, the car ride was silent. None of them said a word. Only thoughts were appearing in there minds.

  I'm truly sorry, Jihoon. I doubt you'll ever notice me. I'm an idiot for thinking this would be some sort of cliche where the person I love loves me back.

  I mean, who am I kidding, he just met me. Maybe it's too early for him to love me. I'll keep my hopes up a little just for you, Jihoon.

It's just not the right time, yet.

ㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗ

  A/N: I've been trying to finish this chapter for a while, but I kinda got a little distracted by 'Your Lie in April'. Whoops. But I just love that anime because it's so emotional.
  The first time I watched it, I cried really hard. At the moment, this is the 3rd or 4th time I've watched it. I'm on episode 12. If you haven't watched it, I recommend this anime.
  Thank you for reading!❤️

Date: 4/24/18
Word count: 785 words