Extra #1

Extra #1

A/N: This isn't a 'story' chapter, it's mainly a chapter for people who are confused by the plot so far.

However, it does include a random short story which adds absolutely no value to the plot at all. If you would like to read them, you can choose to read the whole thing or skip until you see some words in bold.

Thank you.

-Admin Hiro

---

Story so far:

1. Reader-chan goes to Japan to meet her old friend Soraru.

2. Soraru goes and picks her up from the airport.

3. They see each other for the first time in a few years.

---

Why does reader-chan react that way upon seeing Soraru?

Reader-chan used to live in Japan. Well, that was until she moved away when she was 8. So, that is why she can't remember the language that well, not to mention that she is much older now, and her memory of Japanese is also fading quickly due to not using the language for a long time.

Soraru was also one of her only playmates at the time and they were almost always together. They had grown up together. They had played together all the time. As such, some of her earliest memories are probably of the Soraru from 'back then'.

As you know, sometimes adults really miss their childhood days. It's something like being unable to go back to being a child and at the same time be unable to change into someone else ( an adult ) . It's just like that with the 'reader-chan' which I imagine.

Reader-chan is an 'adult' now, and she probably feels stressed and has problems that she feels are impossible to solve. As an adult, her workload grows and she can't help but feel distressed by that.

She is supposed to be 'independent', but due to the sudden changes in her life, after becoming an adult, she can't help but wish that she was back in her childhood days so that she could also 'depend on others' as well.

As an adult, she feels that she needs to take on all the responsibilities by herself. This makes her reminisce her childhood memories and slowly grow attached to the past. Her past is where she is the most comfortable with, so it's understandable why she can't help but feel upset when Soraru has 'changed'.

For her, Soraru has always been a constant ( in her childhood ). It is one of the only things that she can remember. For her, as she has lost contact with Soraru, she doesn't know how much he has changed, and thus cannot cope with the sudden revelation.

Everyone becomes different, everyone changes. It's a fact that no one can erase. Soraru changed, and the reader cannot help but feel betrayed by him slightly, despite knowing this. She compares the current 'Soraru' to the Soraru that she remembers fondly of.

She doesn't know who 'Soraru' is now.

Remember that to her, this Soraru is awkward and uncomfortable to be with, unlike what she remembers. This is due to the fact that both of them haven't seen each other for many years and have no idea how to interact. The previous Soraru was one of her only companions and good friends, she is obviously going to be comfortable around him, and she remembers that very clearly.

Both of them are on the road to becoming an adult, and both of them have changed greatly as well. But reader-chan doesn't want to accept ( that they have changed ). She refuses to believe it, and she can only drown in the past; of 'what if's and 'I wish'.

Reader-chan just wants to be able to relive her fondest memories. And for her, that is her childhood, her past with Soraru. And she is scared to move on from what she is secure with.

( I'm sorry if this makes you even more confused, but well, this is it. )

---

Skip to here

It's true that

You ran around the room excitedly. "Come on," you assured him, "It's so nice outside! Won't you come out and play?" Grabbing his hand, you stared at him straight in the eyes, pleading with him.

Memories don't last forever

He looked slightly apprehensive, but nodded and finally agreed. Letting go of your hand, he opened the door and walked out. Quickly following after him, you couldn't help but smile.

I know that better than anyone

The grass was green, lush wildflowers growing in corners where the sunlight was the brightest. It was warm, where the skies were forever blue, you thought.

But wouldn't it be nice

"Sora-chan~" you sang, pointing at the sky. The boy sitting beside you blushed furiously, glaring at you slightly. "W-Warawanaide kudasai!" He yelled.

If I could go back those days?

-

I don't want anything to change...

---

Notes:

[1] "Warawanaide kudasai" (or 笑わないでください) means "please don't laugh at me" or something along those lines.

With that being said, Soraru (or Sora-chan as he is referred to in that really short story)