Soraru x Reader-Chapter 3

A/N : Since I haven't written anything for the past few months, I've pretty much forgotten how to write...

Hope I remember how to, soon.

~Admin Hiro

---

In the previous chapter...

You wanted the 'previous' Soraru back, Soraru was far too different from what you remembered and you could barely even accept that.

But I think I'm happy enough with the 'current' Soraru, you decided eventually.

---

The weather had become slightly colder, you noted as you stretched your legs in the back seat of the car. After all, the glass of the window seemed far too cold to the touch and the air conditioner was barely even blowing.

Pausing to look at the man in the driver's seat, you tried to make conversation with the limited amount of Japanese you had. "O-ogenki desu ka?" You asked politely. You knew that your pronunciation was a bit off, but he seemed to understand well enough.

"I am fine, thank you!" He replied back in English.

The tension was thick with the unspoken words you wanted to say. They laid deep in your heart, suffocating you. It was a depression which affected your entire being.

"Soraru..." you muttered. Why was he being so kind to you? You didn't deserve to be treated so well, especially when you didn't even treat him well. His treatment of you, you were confused by it. And you knew you were back to square one again.

"Yes?" you heard him speak, interrupting your thoughts. Immediately you replied, "No, it's nothing...I was just wondering..."

You slowly trailed off and busied yourself with staring out of the window. Sometimes things were better left unspoken and untouched. This was one of them.

About two hours had passed when the car finally came to a stop in front of an somewhat-familiar place. You jolted awake, rubbing your tired eyes as you lazily got out of the car.

"Where are we?" you asked.

"H-home, mine."

"Oh." Smiling, you grabbed his hand and began to run, tugging him along. "Let's go then!"

"Your bag!" He yelled frantically.

You only laughed. It was only at times like this when you could be yourself. Your true self, not the one others saw. It felt right, his fingers threaded through yours. Just like before.

Fond childhood memories resurfaced into your mind. How long ago had you since felt so free? The feeling was familiar, but different. Different in what way? You didn't know.

It's fine, you thought. It's fine even if it's different, because... It's still Soraru, after all.

But this shouldn't be happening. It's the same as before, you tried to reassure yourself, it has to be the same.