Chapter 8- Responsibilities

ABBY'S P.O.V.

It is Friday, July 6th and it has been a few days since Soda and I have found out that we are having a baby and he asked me to be his girl and I said yes. We made a doctors appointment for Monday at 2 p.m. We have decided to tell the gang and my parents. I'm scared they are going to kick me out but if they do, Soda said that he would let me live with him. That's why we are telling the gang first, just to make sure Darry would be okay with that until we can afford a house. Then tomorrow, I'm going to look for a job so we can afford baby supplies and a house. 

I got out of bed and took a shower. Then, I got out of the shower and went over to the sink. I brushed my teeth. When I finished that, I went to my radio and started blasting it. "It's Now or Never" by. Elvis Presley was playing. Then I put on my matching purple bra and panties. I went over to my full body mirror and looked at my stomach knowing that I wasn't going to be as skinny as I am probably ever again. Then, I went to my closet and picked out a red tank top and put it on. Then, I went to my dresser and got black shorts with holes in them and put them on. Then, I went to my vanity and blow dried my hair and then put it in a french braid. Then, I did my makeup.

When I finished everything, I got the things to make a salad out and made a salad. I ate and then left not even bothering telling anyone where I was going because they knew it was to go hang out with Soda. I got in my car and drove to DX because he was working today. It should be about time for him to go home though. I went in and went to the cash register because this is where I always pick Soda and Steve up at. I sat down and right when I did Soda came in and picked me up and kissed me. I kissed back and I felt like every time we kiss it gets more passionate.

"Hey baby, you ready to go?" I asked when we got done kissing.

"Yah,  we just have to wait for Steve. So are you ready to tell the gang and your parents?" Soda asked

"Not even a little but it has to be done," I said. Steve walked in and seemed pretty happy. 

"Why are you so happy Steve?" I asked.

"I have a date tomorrow. Can we go so I can tell everyone?" Steve asked.

Yah, Let's go!" I said and then got in the car and drove to the Curtis household.

We got there and I parked the car and Steve jumped right out. I just sat there for a little with soda. W were both terrified about telling everyone but we couldn't get by without telling anyone.

SODA'S P.O.V.

I am absolutely terrified about telling every one. I mean I am actually really happy we have a baby on the way but we are a little young. 

"Let's go and tell them," I said. 

I opened the door and got out. I closed the door and opened Abby's door for her. She got out and I closed the door for her. I took her hand and we held each others hand really tight. Honestly I thought she was going to break my hand from how tight her grip was. We walked through the door. We made sure everyone was there and had them sit in the living room. We were standing in front of them. It was so quite for a while because we weren't sure of what to say.

"Well, what is it? I don't have all day." Dally said snapping at us.

"I don't really know how to say this," Abby said.

"Just say it," Darry said.

"I got Abby pregnant," I said.

"What the hell?" Darry asked sounding really mad, "Soda, you such an idiot. Why didn't use protection." he started yelling by this and it was making Abby jump so she stood behind me.