Prinxiety

Virgil's POV:

I dived behind a bush before he could see me. My heart was pounding as I peaked through the leaves to see him. He stopped walking and turned around, moving his head to see who was behind him. There was, of course, no one because the person who was just behind him dived behind a bush.

He continued walking and I looked down to see my heart pounding out of my chest, eager to talk to him, to touch him, to kiss him.

I tried shaking the thoughts out of my head but they wouldn't leave.

I placed my hands over my heart and when I looked up, he was smiling while looking at a bird. My heart had enough. It escaped my grasp and flew towards him.

"Patton! Come back here!" I yelled, chasing after it.

Roman turned around and I didn't realize it until I was in his face, my hands wrapped around the escaped heart, and our noses almost touching. My arms had been placed on either side of his head and I was breathing heavily.

A light pink bruised my face and I turned and ran behind a tree.

"Patton, don't do that! He's obviously not into weird, gay, loner guys!" I scolded, 'embarrassed' being an understatement.

"I just wanted to get you what you wanted," Patton shyly said.

"Patton, I very much agree with Virgil," my brain said, "You cannot just go up to someone and make them love someone else," Logan stated.

"Hello?" A voice called out and I jumped, peaking out from the tree.

Roman was looking for me. The boy who he almost accidentally kissed.

Patton once again started off towards him but I held him tightly, waiting for Roman to leave.

"Virgil, you're hurting me," Patton whined.

"Oh sorry-" Once I softened my grip, he zoomed towards Roman.

I squealed, running after him again. Roman turned around and fell to the ground when Patton got in his face.

Patton grasped his finger as I pulled him away.

"Virgil?"

"P-Patton! Let's go!" I pulled as hard as I could and-

I ran, sobbing uncontrollably. I hid behind the closest tree and pulled my knees to my chest.

There lay in my hand, was a broken heart. Half of Patton.

My brain shut down and all I did was cry in my arms.

I'm so stupid. Why did I let go of Patton? We could've prevented this.

I could've prevented this.

Next thing I know, a light tap on my shoulder makes me lift my head.

I look up and gasp, seeing Roman. He kneeled in front of me. He took my hand and opened it, revealing the broken heart.

He opened his other hand with the other half. Looking up at me, he placed the two pieces together and held my hand in his.

Patton came to life and hugged Roman's cheek, giggling.

Roman smiled to me and wiped the leftover traces of tears.

"Do you wanna go out for lunch?" He asked confidently.

•How was this?•
~Coffee Maniac~