⟡butter pecan⟡

on the very day, taehyung actually turned out more nervous than his counterpart.

typically, the younger was the jittery one, sweaty plams and stuttering with anxious attitude. however, jeongguk was surprisingly calm. maybe it was the pep talks this morning or the fact that he knew his lover would love his gift. whatever it was, he was feeling much better than a few days ago.

tae had been jumpy and spazzy all throughtout the date, mainly because he was worried about his present. their relationship, by no means, started off normal. most couples were friends first or meet on dating sites. but he just had to the abnormal guy he was and kiss some stranger just cause he wanted ice cream. taehyung cursed his quirkiness with a sigh.

he didn't want jeongguk to tell him they were moving too fast.

it had only been three months and he was so set on a long future with his lover. wether that future holds marriage, kids, living together, etc. he just wanted it with his ravenette shy cutie who smiled like a bunny.

that's way this romantic downtown walk, hand and hand, was making his anxious nature. "tae. tae!" jeongguk called at his his lost-in-thought boyfriend. taehyung responded with a 'hmm'. "you ok, love? you're acting spacey?" the other said with a frown.

now jeongguk was nervous.

his lover looked uninterested from the beginning of the date, starting off by meeting at the cinema. the movie was just a comedy but taehyung didn't seem to enjoy it even thought it was his pick. the first sign something was wrong. then on the walk to lunch, as they decided to ditch taehyung's car at jeongguk's, he acted distant. even while eating he was standoffish.

so the ravenette knew if anything like nothing's wrong or i'm fine comes iut his mouth it'd be a lie. an obvious one. and all he wanted was to make his boyfriend smile again.

"no, i'm fine." tae said.

that was the most unconvincing thing he had heard tae say. knowing how false his statement happened to be hurt guk more. he spotted a space with benches, yanking taehyung toward the flowered path. soon enough they were sitting side by side but jeongguk was uncomfortable. he didn't know what was wrong and assumed the worse of his lover not being into the date; he was untrustworthy.

overanalyzing a situation was one of the youngers specialties. he constantly thought he was doing things work but he was excited for this date. all those talks with his friends had real hyped him and he believed the date was going well. but seeing taehyunh acting distance and spacey brought back his anxiety.

"taehyung, is this not what you want?"

tae shook his head, appalled by the thought. he realized how much his jumpy action must have cause doubt in the younger. "that's not it, i'm just nervous. plus i'm overthinking something which makes me even more nervous." he took the ravenette's hand to reassure him that he wanted this, rubbing small circles with his thumbs.

"i see. well, do you want to tall about it?"

"i'll have to eventually so why not?" he question rhetorically. they both sighed, a but more comfortable and content.

jeongguk looked up at the sky for a moment, collecting himself and letting taehyung gather his thoughts. it was a still and peaceful silence between the two. taehyung stared at their intertwined hands, a little nervous for his next move. it wasn't like he was proposing but a promise ring was one step down from that. at least in his opinion. tae finally calmed himself, opening his lips to speak,