Together

"Thomas?"

"James..." I say, and it's barely a whisper, floating through my cell to James. I can't believe it, he made it all the way here to rescue me.

"So should I just let you out or..." James says nervously. I laugh and for a moment everything is fine. We just disappear into our own world where Greynal doesn't exist, Reynolds doesn't exist and we're back on Greenal together. But then the prison bars fade back into reality, and the moment is gone. James examines the cell door, but I've already tried. It's locked and only the guards have a key. James frowns.

"Maria! Wake up!" I turn to see Peggy trying to wake Maria up in her cell, but to no avail. I wonder who else is here to rescue me. They better not have sent Hamil-

"Hey guys look what I found!" Hamiltrash runs down the hallway to us smiling, with Jeffduck, who seems to be barely conscious trying to keep up. Why did they send Hamiltrash? Ugh. Anyway, he's holding...a key. He must've pickpocketed one off the guards. Little thief. He comes up to my cell, without looking at me, and opens it up. "You're welcome." Hamiltrash snarls at me, and I step out of the  cell staring daggers at him.

"Thomas." James smiles, his hand holding his arm in a super cute way. Aahh! I rush in and just hug James. Tight. We have that moment again, where no one and nothing matters, and it's just us.

"Did t-they do anything to you?" I ask him, pulling away from the hug. I see James has a few tears peaking out from his eyes and I brush them away gently.

"W-well..." He looks away. I feel sudden guilt weigh my heart down .

"I'm sorry."

"W-what? You have nothing to be sorry for!" He doesn't understand.

"I couldn't protect you! I-I promised to myself that no matter what, you must be safe and happy. I-I failed you." My voice cracks as James holds me tighter.

"No! You didn't fail me. Who cares if I get hurt? Scratches heal, Thomas. And I-um...I..." James's voice is muffled but I can hear him loud and clear.

"I love you, James Madison." I say the words for him, pulling him out of the hug so I can look into his chocolate brown eyes.

"I love you too!" James squeaks out before I kiss him. This kiss is different compared to all our other kisses. This one is full of pure love. Because I love James. I love the way he talks softly and gently, I love the way he blushes even when I barely say anything flirtatious. The way he rarely says anything except when we're together, and it's just us. I freaking love him!

When we pull away I became aware of our surroundings. Crud Hamiltrash saw all that. I turn to see Jeffduck with tears in his eyes, and I don't need mind powers to see that he's thinking 'I love my gay sons.' Maria, who has woken up and is now out of her cell, is nudging Peggy like 'I told you so!' But Hamiltrash...he's just kinda standing there uncomfortably. No sneers, no insults, nothing. Weird. I clear my throat and move so I'm holding James's hand.

"So...we should get going!" I say as James and I push past the others and keep on walking. I wonder what Greynal is like. After all, everthing I've seen of it is just a jailcell, so this should be interesting. We walk down the long hallway, and I see something in the distance. Another jailcell, with someone in it. "Do you see-

"Yup. I must've missed it, if I had turned right coming down, I would've seen it." James confirms nervously. We run to the jailcell, and there's a little boy in it, crying softly. Super softly. "Aww are you okay? What's your name little guy?" James drops to his knees and comforts the kid, while I just stand there awkwardly. The little boy sniffles as James continues to comfort him.