Chapter 9: Sick At School Part 4

After the boys get to class, they all take their seats and waits for the bell to ring and for class to start.

Luke: " I am so tired, I feel like I can fall asleep at any minute." He says putting his head down on his desk.

Calum: " Something is wrong with Luke. " He says to Michael and Ashton.

Michael: " I know. " He says to the other 2.

Ashton: " He seems a bit off. " He says looking him over.

The Bell rings and the teacher walks in and takes Attendance and starts talking.

Luke: " Ugh." He groans because of his body starting to feel odd.

Mr.Jones: " Good morning everyone. " He says talking to the class.

The class remains quit and still feeling sleepy from being up early for school and waiting for their lunch time.

Luke: " Hmmmm. " He groans again.

Mr.Jones: " Today we will be doing long division. " He says telling the class what they will be learning today.

Calum: " Long division really. " He says to himself.

Ashton: " eww, Long division. " He says rolling his eyes.

Michael: " Long division, boring. " He says to himself.

Luke: " Long division, gross...I don't think that I would be able to concentrate. " He says putting his head back down on his desk.

Mr.Jones: " You should take notes. " He says to the class.

Michael: " Booooo." He says unhappy.

Ashton: " Seriously. " He says annoyed.

Calum: " I don't want to take notes. " He says to himself.

Luke: " I don't like taking notes. " He says to himself and takes his math notebook out to take notes.

Mr.Jones: " What is long division? " He asked the class for the meaning of long division to see if anyone was listening.

Delilah raises her hand so she could answer the question.

Mr.Jones: "Yes, Delilah. " He says pointing to her.

Delilah: " Long division is arithmetical division in which the divisor has two or more figures, and a series of steps is made as successive groups of digits of the dividend are divided by the divisor, to avoid excessive mental calculation. " She answers with confidence.

Mr.Jones: " Correct,great job. " He says to her with a smile on his face.

Luke: " Ugh." He groans because he is beginning to feel worse.

Mr. Jones starts to teach the class long division and tells the class to take notes but as he continues to teach Luke is having trouble focusing because he is not feeling well.

Mr.Jones: " Class I am going to show you how to solve a long division problem and make sure you write this down." He says writing on the board.

Mr.Jones explained to the class how to solve a long division problem step by step as the class takes notes.

Luke: " Ugh, I can't concentrate. " He says to himself after groaning because he was feeling worse.

Calum: " Wow, that is a lot of steps. " He says to himself while he finished writing what was on the board in his notebook.

Ashton: " Luke,do you have this all written down. " He asked his buddy.

Luke: " I think so. " He says to as trying to sound convincing.

Michael: " Luke you look pale. " He says looking at him.

Luke looks at his buddy Michael with a expression that says really.

Mr. Jones writes another equation on the board and does the steps again to solve the problem using long division before he writes 2 equations on the board for the class to solve by themselves.

Luke: " I want class to be over. " He says to himself while writing down the equation and solving it with the teacher and writing down the 2 equations that he had to solve by himself.

Mr.Jones:" There are 2 equations on the board that you will have to solve on your own, following the same steps that I just showed you; once you're done we will go over the answers together as a class and I will give you the homework that is due tomorrow. " He says to the class and they groan.

Michael: " Luke I am not sure that you should try to get through the school day because you look like you feel awful. " He says to him feeling concerned about his buddy's health.

Calum: " I agree with Michael. " He says looking at Luke.

Ashton: " You should probably go home, since you don't feel good. " He says looking at Luke as well.

Luke looks at his buddies in class and frowns at them and then finishes solving the 2 equations on the board by himself.

After everyone is done solving the 2 equations by themselves, Mr.Jones goes over the answers and gives them there homework for tonight that is due tomorrow and tell them to start on it.

Luke: " I hate homework. " He says to himself.

Calum: " Guess I will start on my homework. " He says rolling his eyes.

Michael: " This is going to be fun. " He says sarcastically.

Ashton: " Homework sucks. " He says feeling aggravated.

The Bell finally rings and Mr.Jones dismisses the class after reminding them all that homework is due tomorrow.

Michael: " Finally class is over. " He says with a sigh of relief.

Calum: " It felt like it took forever for class to end. " He says sounding annoyed.

Ashton: " I am ready for school to be over. " He says feeling tired.

Luke: " I know, I am going to go to the nurse and see if she has something for my migraine; you guys get to class and I will see you at lunch hopefully. " He says walking to the nurses office.

The guys say bye to Luke and head to class while he walks to the nurses office.

TO BE CONTINUED....