PROLOGUE

There was a mechanical whirring sound, and it was very loud. The girl slowly opened her eyes, and she could see that she was moving at an extremely alarming rate. She gasped and sat up, her hair sticking to her face.

''Hello?" She croaked, ''Hello!''

She stood up but stumbled, ''Where am I?"

The girl turned to see animals and supplies around her, where was she? What was her name? Who was she?

She stumbled and fell onto a crate, her hands colliding roughly with the side. The ride seemed never ending, when it did suddenly stop. She lost her balance and fell on the rusty floor. She managed to glance at one of the crates. WCKD.

The top of the box opened, and sunlight coated the box. The girl covered her eyes and let out short breaths. She could see three figures standing above her, all males.

One had a dark complexity and a stern look on his face. The other had blonde messy hair and thin body. The last one was very muscular and had black hair.

"A girl?"  The dark haired one said, ''Aren't we supposed to get a guy?"

The blonde opened up the top, and the girl moved herself back so her back was hitting a crate.

''Hey, it's okay,'' His voice had some sort of accent to it, ''We're not going to hurt you. I'm Newt.''

The female shook her head, ''I don't . . . I don't remember my name. Why can't I remember? Who are you guys?"

Her breathing was shaky, and she could feel panic rising in her chest. 

Newt held his hand out, ''I promise we ain't gonna hurt ya. Take my hand and I'll show you.''

The girl looked at Newt, and for some reason, she felt like she knew him. Like he was familiar to her. She reached her hand out and Newt grabbed it gently and pulled her up.

It happened very suddenly, and it felt like she was being pulled backwards and she could hear voices in her head. It felt like a memory.

''Eliza,''

The girl gasped, ''Eliza, my name is Eliza.''

Newt smiled gently, and she could see that it was a genuine smile. ''Alright, Eliza, let's go. Minho, Alby, help me pull her up.''

The two boys reached their hands out from above and the girl grabbed it. The two boys lifted Eliza with ease out of the box. They placed her gently on the ground and her eyes widened. They were surrounded by four large concrete walls. Dark green vines were hanging onto them.

''What is this place?"

Newt smirked at Eliza, ''We don't exactly know, but we think we're going to call it the Glade.''