| 3 |

''Do you really believe throwing that shank in the slammer was a good choice?" Eliza asked Newt. They were watching Alby speaking to the boy.

''I don't know, let's introduce ourselves, shall we?" Newt said, limping towards Alby and the Newbie.

Eliza stood still for a moment, watching Newt's limp. Her heart ached if she looked at it for too long. She pushed her blonde hair out of her slim face before walking after Newt. When they reached Alby, Newt had a wide smile on his face.

''Hey, you alright Alby?" Newt asked, smiling at the pair.

''Greenbean, meet Newt and Eliza. When I'm not around he's in charge. Eliza is Keeper of the Med-jacks.''

''It's a good thing you're always around then,'' Newt joked. ''Eliza is the best Med-jack around. She can fix you up in minutes.''

Eliza's cheeks flushed for a moment before giving the Greenie a smile. ''Of course I'm the best,''

''Listen,'' Newt said, turning towards the Greenie. ''That was some dash you made earlier. For a second, I thought you had the chops to be a Runner. Till 'ya face-planted.''

Ably let out a laugh.

''Wait, a Runner?"

''Newt, Eliza, do me a favor.'' Alby asked, leaning close to the boy. ''Go find Chuck.''

Eliza nodded. ''Of course.'' She began to walk away with Newt but she couldn't shake the feeling something was wrong.

* * *

Eliza would never admit it, but the Greenie bonfires were one of her favorite things about the Glade. It was the one night the Glader's had all let loose, and had fun without getting yelled at. However, this bonfire felt different.

Eliza was usually very bubbly and talkative during this event, but she was as silent as a mouse. She was sitting by herself, and observed the scene around her. Music was playing, and everyone was drinking Gally's recipe.

The blonde female couldn't help but notice the Glader's gathering around the circle that Gally head his game in. Gally was a brute, and everyone knew how bad his temper and ego mixed. It was a dangerous combination that screamed disaster.

She stood up quietly and picked a spot next to Minho. She saw as Gally threw one of the Gladers into the Greenie, knocking him slightly off balance.

''What do you say, Greenie?" Gally challenged. "Wanna see what you're made of?"

Frypan started chanting, ''Greenie! Greenie! Greenie!''

Eliza rolled her eyes at the behavior, but this was the way the Glader's had fun.

Gally was adjusting the band on his wrist when he spoke. ''Alright, Greenie. The rules are simple. I try to push you out of the circle, you try to last more than five seconds.''

''Ready?"

Gally advanced on the Greenie, pushing him easily into the other Glader's, who pushed him back in. The Greenie had fallen straight into the sand, and it showed when sand was falling of his tan skin.

zugswang - the maze runnerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara