| 7 |

As soon as those word's left the girl's mouth, every head turned towards Thomas, even Eliza's. Who was this girl and how did she know Thomas? However, this added more fuel to Gally's reasoning for not trusting Thomas.

''Still think I'm overreacting?" Gally asked, looking at everyone.

Shortly after, Clint and Jeff took the girl to the Med-jack hut. They said they needed privacy, and they needed Eliza's help. When Eliza stepped foot in the hut, she saw the way Alby was being held down like an animal. His chest was exposed, and his hands were tied down along with his feet.

Eliza hobbled over to him, and let out a shaky sigh. His veins were black and pulsing, and his eyes were shut tightly. ''Jeff, hand me a wet towel please.''

Jeff handed her the towel, ''The girl won't wake up.''

Eliza turned her head to see the girl in a fetal position, sleeping softly. ''At least she's alive, but keep an eye on her. We don't know why she's here.''

Eliza used the cloth to wipe Alby's forehead which was dripping in sweat. He was grunting and moaning in pain. ''I'm sorry.'' Eliza whispered to him. ''I wish I could've helped you.''

The sound of large footsteps made Eliza turn towards the doorway, to see Minho, Thomas and Newt barging in.

''Jeff, what's going on? What's the matter with her? Why won't she wake up?" Newt questioned.

Jeff stood up from his seat. ''Hey man, I got my job the same way you did.''

Eliza got her crutches and moved slowly towards the boys. ''Newt, we're not miracle workers. We can't figure out why.''

Eliza looked at Thomas, who was staring at the tar-haired girl. He was looking her over, and that made Eliza feel something, but what was it?

Newt's eyes flickered up and down Thomas, ''Do you recognize her?"

Thomas shook his head, ''No.''

''Really? Because she seems to recognize you.''

''What about the note?" Thomas asked, changing the subject.

''We'll worry about the note later.'' Eliza said. ''For now, we wait. But I have a bad feeling about this. Gally was right, things are changing. For better or worse . . . we don't know yet.''

''Thomas is right, Eliza.'' Jeff said. ''If the box isn't coming back up, how long do you think we'll last?''

''No one said that.'' Newt said, defending her. ''Let's not jump to any conclusions. We'll wait until she wakes up and figure out what she knows. Somebody's got to have answers around here.''

Thomas nodded. ''Okay,'' With that he turned on his heel, marching out of the hut.

''Where are you going?" Newt asked.

''Back into the maze.'' Thomas replied.

Newt nodded towards Minho, who followed him out the door. Eliza moved herself closer to Newt. ''I don't know what else we can do. We don't now what this means.''