thirty

SONGS FOR THIS CHAPTER:

•Never Stop(Wedding Version)-Safetysuit

•Lead Me On-Gloriana

•All I Want-Kodaline

•All of the Stars-Ed Sheeran

•A Moment Like This-Kelly Clarkson

•Chasing Cars-Snow Patrol

•Collide-Howie Day

HARRY'S POV:

I don't know what I'm going to do with myself if Louis is gone. I know it isn't Emma's fault, and it isn't Niall's, but there's still a part of me that just wants someone to blame it all on.

Her apartment is warm and inviting, as it usually is, but something feels off. It doesn't feel the same. I feel like there's something she's not telling me. Actually, I know there's something she's not telling me.

She sinks down into her bed, scurrying under the covers. I repeat her actions and we lay in silence. The bed shifts and I can see out of the corner of my eye that she has turned to face me.

"Harry," she whispers my name. "Are you okay?"

Tears are collecting in my eyes and the words that leave my mouth startle me. I shouldn't even be saying them. "He can't die. He's my best friend." You shouldn't have to worry about your best friend dying.

"I'm so sorry. It's all my fault. God, I'm so sorry, Harry," she says.

"No, it's not. Accidents happen."

"This accident happened because of me."

"Stop blaming yourself."

I swing my legs over the side of the bed and sit up. The tears that have collected roll down my cheeks freely. Soon enough, Emma crawls up behind me, wrapping her tiny arms around my waist. I feel a kiss placed on my shoulder and I hang my head. She leaves another one under my ear. I place my hand over hers and join our fingers, a couple of tears splashing down onto her paled skin. She then buries her face in the crook of my neck, placing kisses along my throat.

Nothing but the sound of our beating hearts is heard for a while, her breath fanning down my chest. When her voice comes out, it's quiet.

"Harry?" she says and unwraps herself from me.

"Hmmm?" I mumble and throw my head into my hands.

"I think I'm ready."

"Ready for what?"

"To tell you what's happened. What's going on. What my life was before this. Explain it all."

"Emma, you don't-"

"No, Harry. I do. You were right, it isn't fair to you. You deserve to know. I can't protect you. You're going to need the information to protect yourself. I'm going to try to the best of my ability, but I don't trust myself enough to let you live another day without knowing everything."

She takes a shaky breath and looks around the dark room, the only light being emitted is from the glow of the moon, outlining our silhouettes and my tattoos. "Seriously, you've had a few days from hell. You don't have to do this."

"Shut the hell up!" she snaps, and I jerk my head around to face her at the sound of her voice. "I'm going to tell you and you're going to listen. You wanted me to tell you, and beggers can't be choosers. It's not very often I'm even semi-open to talking about my past. So you listen to me now, or you don't find out at all. Your choice."