thirty four

EMMA'S POV:

Louis has been out of the hospital for about a week and a half now. Niall decided tonight was the night we were going to Shawn's hideout because he was supposed to be going somewhere and wouldn't be back until later tomorrow.

Which we needed to have this done anyways because tomorrow is my book release party. I'm sure Shawn is going to show up there and it's going to be better if I have more information on him.

"Louis, if you don't shut the fuck up I'm going to shove my shoe up your ass," Eleanor hisses, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"You will do no such thing," Louis replies, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Don't try me right now, Tomlinson. Do you wanna get yourself shot again?"

"Not particularly. Wasn't the best experience of my life to be quite honest with you."

"Then close your mouth."

He rolls his eyes and sighs, dropping his arms to his sides. Niall and I just give them an amused stare while Paige keeps in a giggle. Harry wraps his arm around my shoulder, giving me a kiss on the top of my head.

"If the married couple is done now," Niall pipes up. "I would like to go over the plan one more time."

"Yes, Father?" I tease.

"Shut up. Emma you're with Eleanor. Harry you're with Louis. Paige you're with me. Get in, take what you can that's helpful to our case but nothing too huge that he'll notice. Snap pictures. Get out."

I stare at the small white building in the middle of the large field. There's no lighting except for what's coming from our flashlights and we came down a literal dirt road to get here. We all nod, and I press my hand to the knife sheath I have hidden in my boot. "Be careful," Harry tells me, pressing a long, lingering kiss on my lips.

"Always am."

In our assigned pairs, we start out towards the house, the only sound being the crunch of our boots against the dead grass. Louis keeps shining his flashlight everywhere, moving it in circles and annoying the shit out of everyone. But we don't say anything.

The sound of my heartbeat in my ears is overwhelming. Eleanor and I were assigned to take the back door, so that's where we stand now. Just the two of us.

"Ready?" she asks.

"Ready," I confirm. Within a few seconds, she lifts her knife and kicks the door open, gripping the knife handle tightly. We both step in with great caution, our eyes darting everywhere, still not adjusted to the dark. I pat my hand along the wall, searching for a switch which I eventually find.

Nothing could have prepared me for what I saw when the lights came on.

"Oh my God," Eleanor breathes, taking another hesitant step.

There's pictures of the six of us everywhere. A whole board covered in pictures of us everywhere we've been since this whole thing started. He's followed us everywhere. There's newspaper clippings and a huge filing cabinet that Eleanor rushes to, pulling each drawer open. Her fingers flip through each manila folder quickly and her eyes widen with each one she comes across.

"He has our medical records, health records, work records, school, everything. He has copies of it all." She takes out her phone, taking a picture of all the files.

I stop dead in my tracks when my eyes land on a box. It's labled "Emmma, 12 years old." I pull it off the shelf, ripping the top off and peering inside. There's pictures of me drinking, videos. I pick up one of Olivia and me standing together and read what he has written on the back. "Emma will be mine." I shove the picture to the side and continuing rummaging through the contents of the box.