Part 9

"I'm Violet." I say quickly, too quickly. All of my new relatives stop chuckling and start full out laughing at my abrupt introduction.

"We know, sweetness, and we are so glad to have you with us, where you belong. Perhaps you'd like to see the house? I'm Landon by the way. Uncle Landon but I think it'd be less awkward to call us by our names, right?" He directs the questions at my other uncles as I take the hand he offers and follow him up to the house. Lincoln and Benjamin follow on my other side, out of the corner of my eye I see them nodding

"You're my age so it'd be weird to be called uncle. We're like, twins now anyway." Benjamin looks way too pleased with that development but I don't push.

"And Landon and I already think of you as a little sister. The one we always wanted but got Ben instead." Lincoln teases. Benjamin gasps

"Am I not woman enough for you two?" He exclaims as we step into the front hallway. Whatever the twins say in reply is lost on me as I take in the splendor of what we find inside.

The front hallway is gorgeous. With vaulted ceilings and a crystal chandelier. The roof in the hallway is domed glass, letting in light. The chandelier is suspended on long a chain so that it can illuminate the hallway properly. The walls are a rose gold that match the deep Cherrywood floors, same material as the doors. There are several doors on each side, but Landon leads me to the giant spiraling staircase at the end of the atrium.

"We can take a tour tomorrow, I think Violet would appreciate some quiet and rest." I have to agree, my body is starting to slow down, fatigue is catching up with me along with the stress of the last 12 hours or so. And I really need some time to process everything.

"We have some time before dinner, why don't you take her up to her room, the rest of you leave her alone, she's not going anywhere." Pop's warm honey voice calls up to us as Collin continues to lead me up the stairs.

"Roger that Dad!" He calls down. I smile at the easy way the family communicates. Even grandmother, though polished as sophisticated to her very marrow, is warm and inviting when around family. Nothing like the rich people I've heard about or seen in movies and TV. Though I haven't really seen them interact with other people, I think I'm going to really like my new family.

A few minutes of Collin dragging me down hallways around corners, and finally we stop in front of a door. It's painted the same crème as all the doors in this hallway, matching the off-white carpet underneath and the crown molding on the walls.

"This is it, Pop's went a little crazy when he found out they were bringing you home already. If you don't like anything just tell us, we'll change it." I nod, not really sure I'd want to change a thing in this gorgeous house. Collin opens the door and steps in, holding it open for me. The room inside is just as lux and sophisticated as the rest of the house. There is a giant four-poster bed in the center. The bed is covered in what looks like to be a silk comforter in the same rose-gold as the front door. Soft golden pillows and sheets match the theme. The walls are a blush pink and the floor is a light sandalwood. The center of the floor is covered by the fluffiest light gold rug I have ever seen, I immediately kick off my shoes and socks to go over and test it out. I sigh as I step on it, yep, it's the fluffiest rug I have ever felt in my life. I love the room but this rug and I are a match made in heaven. Beside the bed is a nightstand in a deeper sandalwood than the floor. A quick scan of the room reveals three doors, and two large windows on either side of the bed. Collin goes to one of the windows now, and opens it to reveal a balcony with a lounge chair covered in weather-resistant cushions. I pad over to inspect what I thought was a large window but is actually a glass sliding door.