Smooth Dreamer (Dallon's POV)

What can I say? Brendon's brother is really cool, and his guitar skills? Extraordinary. After the two of us came up from the basement, I caught up with Brendon again, then Mason joined us once more too. Basically the rest of the night was full of laughter between Mason and I. He told me a whole bunch of stories about his high school and college days, and then stories about Brendon. He had me laughing so hard, I was barely breathing.

He even brought me home last night too. Brendon wanted to stay home last night, so Mason volunteered to bring me home. I obviously couldn't say no, so we hopped in his car and jammed to a few eighties songs before we got to my place. I told him I'd text him tomorrow, so today, and we could plan something to do.

"Hey," I texted him.

"Dallon?" he texted back.

"Yeah, what are you up to?" I asked.

"Just relaxing at home and laughing at Brendon attempting to play Dance Dance Revolution," he said, making me chuckle to myself.

"You want to do something?" I asked.

"Sure. Want to meet up at Central Park and talk it over?" he replied.

"Sure, see you in ten," I said.

I hopped up from my couch and walked to my room. I rummaged through my closet and found an old Metallica shirt I had, then grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans. I quickly slipped them on, then got my shoes on. I walked to the entryway and grabbed my thin sweatshirt, slipped it on, then grabbed my phone and walked out the door.

I arrived at the park just a few minutes later. I looked over at the benches surrounding the park and eventually saw Mason sitting on one of them. I walked over to him and sat down.

"Oh, hey, man!" he said, leaning over and hugging me.

"Hey!" I said, doing the same.

"I'm glad you texted me when you did, Brendon was making a fool of himself," he said, making me laugh.

"Doesn't surprise me," I said. "He does that a lot, you should see him at rehearsals, oh my god."

"That bad, huh?" Mason asked. "Yeah, sounds like him," he chuckled. "Anyway, whatcha wanna do?"

"I thought I'd leave it up to you," I shrugged.

"Yeah, put it all on me," Mason smirked. "Hey, I showed you my guitar playing last night, why don't you show me your bass skills?"

"I'm not that great," I said.

"Bullshit, man," he said. "I've heard you sing and I've heard the bass in the Panic! songs. Don't talk shit about yourself, dude."

"I guess, if you want, I can show you," I said, smiling a little.

"I'd love to hear you," he said.

We got up from the bench and walked back to my house. I apologized for everything being so messy, I wasn't exactly planning on having company today. I led Mason into my little music room, which was just a room down the hall I made into one. I took my sweatshirt off, he did the same, then I grabbed my bass.

"What should I play?" I asked, grabbing my pick from in between the strings.

"Hm, how about an older Panic! song?" he asked.

"That Green Gentleman?" I asked, it was always one of my favorite songs.

He nodded, so I played a few notes here and there, tuning it slightly, then I started playing. I was humming the words a little while I played; it always helped me to focus whenever I was practicing. As I finished, Mason started clapping, making me laugh.

"You play?" I asked.

"I've wanted to learn, I'm not that great," he shrugged.

"Wanna try?" I asked.

"Sure," he smiled.

I took the bass off from around me then put it over his head. He smiled at me, then took the pick from my hand and started playing a few notes here. I sat down on a stool I had in there and watched him play. He played an old 80s song he said he'd been practicing, and honestly, I was impressed.

"Dude, you say you're not good? Bullshit," I said. "That was awesome! You can totally fill in for me sometime for Panic!. I'll give you permission," I laughed.

"Yeah, 'cause Bden would love working with his brother," he laughed as well. "But, I'll take that as a compliment, thank you."

"You're welcome," I smiled at him.

Mason and I continued playing with all the instruments I had in my music room, easily wasting more than a few hours. As dinner time rolled around, Mason said we should go out. So, that's what we did. He took me to one of his favorite Italian places, that I can't remember the name of. It was something in Italian, obviously, but foreign language was never my strong point. In fact, Mason spent nearly twenty minutes with me at our table trying to get me to say the name of the restaurant, but it just wasn't happening. He laughed at me, and I wound up throwing food at him. I thought we were going to get kicked out, honestly.

After we ate, Mason took me to the beach. We just messed around the whole time, running into the water and playing football with a few teens. It was a fun time, to be honest, and I have to say that I love hanging out with Mason. He knows how to have a good time.

"And we're back," I said, pulling into my driveway. "Thanks for a fun night, Mason. You can come in, if you want."

"Hey, man, it's nothing. I've been dying to get out of the house anyway," he smiled. "And I'd love to."

We hopped out of my vehicle and walked back into my place. I got Mason a can of soda, then we sat in the living room, talking about the day we had, then he started telling me all the things Brendon was doing throughout the day before he met me at the park. I was dying, needless to say, because everything he was telling me, it really didn't surprise me.

"Well, I'd better be going. Bden said he'd pick me up around ten, so he'll probably be here any minute," Mason said, getting up from the couch and putting his sweatshirt back on. "Thanks for a fun night, Dal."

He smiled at me as I stood up, then kissed my cheek. I smiled back, then watched him walk out the door. I fell back onto the other end of the couch and smiled even more. I think I was beginning to like Brendon's brother ...

———————

please vote? c:

okay so yeah, I haven't updated this thing in FOREVER, but I guess I'm on an updating spree now bc I feel like I owe that to you guys. anyway, this is a horrible chapter, but hopefully I'll start updating this again and get back into the flow of things ^-^