CHAPTER SIX

They were admitted in the hospital, her doctor was surprised to see them, it wasn't even upto 10hours since they left. But what happened? That's a question for another time, he had to save the life of this young girl.

After so many things, Ihsan gained consciousness, she was moved to her usual room, and was sleeping peacefully; when Abbu and Ummu silently prowled inside the room. Ummu moved to where Maama was sitted, sobbing, as her shoulders were shaking.

"It's okay, she would be fine," Ummu cajoled, as she sat beside Maama.

"How would it be okay? She's already in pain, she'd had enough. I won't agree to this union anymore, I want my daughter to live her life, sound and healthy," Maama whimpered, as she wiped away her tears with her hands, of which weren't anytime ready to stop.

"Jamila, don't let your namby-pamby talks give Ihsan hope. Because I've already made my mind, and I would hold onto my words as she had held onto hers. No one can stop me. It has to happen, and in three weeks time!" Daada dictated with tone of finality, his gaze falling on sleeping Ihsan. He felt a pang of pity piercing through his heart, but he had to do this, he had to show her he's the father.

Maama abruptly looked at him, her bloodshot eyes emoting nothing but how humbugged she was. Isn't this the Daada that always avowed he'll do anything for Ihsan's happiness? Isn't he the one Ihsan would always look upto? Why wouldn't he take his words down? She's just a little girl.

"It's okay, Alhaji. We just have to wait still she wakes up, she can be adamant, but she's shrewd sometimes," Abbu said, as he guided Daada to the sofa next to them.

Ummu called Manal and ordered her to bring them their dinner when the maid finished, for they might spend the night here.

It was after Maghrib prayer, Daada and Abbu went to the masjid. Maama was praying when Ihsan slowly squinted her eyes, her gaze falling on Ummu.

Ummu swiftly stood up and sat beside her by the bed. She held her hands in her's and spoke sympathetically "Ihsan my dear, it's nothing to worry about. Aren't you happy you would finally get your wish fulfilled? We made it! We need you healthy, please."

Ihsan laboriously sat upright, with the help of Ummu, her face was devoid of emotion, her whole body was paining, stomach aching, joints and bone were throbbing.

"Ummu, that's not what I want, I still don't have the freedom. Why would Daada got me married? To Sadeeq? Ummu this is soo....how would I even put it in words? I've never expected this," came Ihsan's lugubrious voice, as tears rolled down her cheeks. Umma used her thumb and cleared the tears, as she slightly hugged her, drawing soothing circled on her back.

"Shhh...It's okay, Ihsan. All we have to care for is; we're finally getting the freedom, Sadeeq would not stop us from doing whatever we like. Would he?" Ummu spoke with full enthusiasm, as the best friends they were. She knew making Ihsan to understand would be difficult, so it's better to tag along with her.

"Ummuuu," she whined, as she cried harder. "I hate him! He's a boy in my eyes, how would he become my husband? I wouldn't let this happen! I'm not ready for all these, I'm too young to get married," came Ihsan's adamant voice, as she broke their hug, wiped away her tears; emanating the whole matter had stopped bothering her, she had made up her mind.

Ummu felt something in her heart, did Ihsan meant her words? What if they're trying to unite a war, not a marriage? She both knew how adamant and notorious they can be. She hoped it would turn out to be something good.

Before Ummu could talk, Abbu and Daada salamed and entered the room, with the rosary in their hands, as they supplicated. Abbu moved closer, as the look she was passing through Daada's way couldn't make him take another step towards her, it would debilitate him.