- 1 -

Out of nowhere I see X, my favorite rapper, at the mall. I just stare in an interested/stunned non creepy way.

He sort of just builds a smirk upon his face.

Then nods his head to the right signaling me to come over to him.

So I do. I was excited, yet so damn dead inside it was hard to be happy about this.

I'd turned into a robot. Things were getting worse, and X is one of the artists that get me through it all.

"Hey, don't ever be afraid to approach me. I would've hated for you to miss your opportunity." X says, kind of blank, but still had a smirk to his face.

"Oh no I'm not afraid of you! I mean, I wasn't scared. I was just stunned by you, captivated." I said panicking because I wanted to make him comfortable. A good amount of the world already shunned him. I didn't want him to feel like I feared him. I don't know, my anxiety kicked in.

X laughs and says "Who are you?"

"Pardon?"

"Tell me who you are" he insists, like doesn't break eye contact or anything. Like my therapist does.

"Well I'm Angelike (an-gel-lee) and I truly am lost. I have no path. I barely have any purpose."

I don't know who the fuck I am. That question is always so hard for me, and so vague. I can be a lot of things when I wanna be.

"What's your purpose?" X asks.

"My family, I stay alive for my family."

X POV:

I know she knows who I am because of the way she was looking at me. It's like I heard her calling out to me. Now that I look into her eyes I can see she's obviously broken. She kind of reminds me of myself but way better. I don't know, I can't help but be curious about her.

"That's a good reason, that's why I stay alive, for my fans, who I call my family. That's what you do when you come from a fucked up family, you build your own."

This is the shit I love. I can't believe he's so... chill. I mean I knew he was but to be in his presence is totally different. I couldn't help it, I was getting excited.

"My family doesn't treat me good either, all I have is my mom. I just don't want to break any hearts. She's the real reason I stay alive. Everything isn't perfect with us either, but I could never hurt her like that. My siblings and I are her life." I confess.

"I love my mom" X says smiling really big.

"I know" I say laughing.

Here comes the weird part. When I like someone's music, I tend to learn about them and really study them. I've always been this way so I knew a lot before even meeting him. I can't help but feel like a groupie for that.

But I'm not though. Let's just say I care.

"You're apart of my family, aren't you?" X stares into my eyes again with the seriousness.

"....distant cousin."

We both laughed. Did I mention I'm really silly? That's one thing I'm really good at, making people laugh.

"Can you hold this for a sec?" X asks, passing me a choker he was struggling to put on earlier, in order to get his wallet out.

X's people go to get food with the money he handed them and we kept small talking not to far away from them.

X's people end up signaling him to leave, we hugged, and that was that.

A beautiful memory.

So I thought.

I looked back and he's looking at me walk away. Damn, how cinematic! Could he like me...

I just keep walking. I don't have time for "love". What the fuck is love anymore.

I feel a hand softly touch my upper arm.

"I can't just let you leave."

Am I dreaming? Is this my notebook moment? The Composition?

"You have my choker"

Biiiiiiiitchhhhhhh.

"Oh shit, my bad." I say fucking embarrassed.

THATS WHAT I GET FOR BELIEVING.

"I'm kidding." X says laughing at the poorly hidden disappointment in my face.

This nigga is cackling.

"You think that's funny?" I say pushing him with the biggest fucking smile on my face.

"Yeah I do. You're fucking beautiful when you're pissed." X attempts putting the choker on me. He succeeded.

"It likes you better. I don't blame it."

I just kind of stare into his beauty. I fell in him, deep. Damn you intellectually stimulating broken bad boys.

"Can I see you again?" X asks.

I put my hands over his eyes moving in a downward motion, signaling him to close his lids. I then read his tattooed face for a moment.

"Open" I said. "Ta-dah, you've seen me again."

We're just laughing... and blushing.

I hand him my phone and he puts his number in. I'm reluctant to ask for his.

He then hands me his and enters his name as Jahseh. Sounds direct to me.

We then part ways, for real this time.

What y'all think? 🖤 Please let me know if you want the next chapter it's already finished 🙃