Chapter 1 - Too Young

~*,*~Reader P.O.V.~*,*~

Age: 4

I'm walking around my city. I don't really have any friends, so I'm by myself. I like to listen in on conversations of people. I haven't been caught so far. Maybe it's because I walk around listening to music, when I'm not listening to their converstions. I really don't know.

Maybe I'll try to get a friend. That's worth a try, right? Yeah. I run over to a girl, and I tap her shoulder. She turns around and screams. Good thing there's no people around. I cover my ears and yell, "My ears! Why'd you scream in them?!" She starts to walk away from me. I hold my hand out to her. I say, "No, don't go away." She says, "Go away! Stay away from me. You...you're a monster!"

I drop my arm to my side. I ask, "M-monster...? I-I'm a m-m-monster!? You want to see a REAL monster!?" She asks, "W-what?" I pull out a knife and say, "I'll show you a REAL monster." I walk towards her, and she continues to walk away. She said stuff like:

"I'm sorry!"

"Don't hurt me!"

"Please, I'm too young to die!"

I say, "You just want to stay alive. You didn't have to call me a monster anyways." She trips over something. That's my chance! I run over to her quickly and say, "I only wanted a friend." I cover her mouth, and I slice at her arm, and her blood drips down. I hear her muffled screams. It would be very loud if I didn't cover her mouth. I say, "Shh...it'll be over soon if you just breathe in and out."

She actually takes my advice. She breathes in. I stab at her head very hard. She lets the breath go. I think, 'Since she was nice, I'll keep her heart. Yeah.' I do just that. I pull out a jar that I just happened to have, and I put her heart in it along with some blood to keep it floating in. I get out a marker and write on a paper:

_____________________________________________________________________________

Dear whoever finds her, don't even bother, she is dead. I was nice enough to tell you this, so you don't have to go through the trouble of trying to bring her to the hospital. How do I know she's dead? Answer: A person can't live without a heart, right? I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure of myself. 

                                                                                                Sincerely,

                                                                                                                     The Killer

_____________________________________________________________________________

Then, I get up and leave her. I act natural. Then, I run to a river and jump in. I stand in the freezing water, until I decide I'm clean. I crawl onto the riverbank. I ring out my clothes and hair the best I could, and I leave for home. I live with my big brother, Shawn. He kills and says he'd be okay with it if I ever did. That kill earlier was my first. I'll tell him. Maybe he'll be proud. I don't know.

I just got home and say, "Shawn! Shawn! I killed someone!" He runs to the door and says, "Congratz! How'd it go?" I say, "She was nice, so I kept her heart, and I left a note. I didn't put my name on it though." He says, "Well, we'll have to see it on the news. It's gotta be seen by tomorrow, so wake up early." I salute and say, "Sir, nii-san, sir!" He laughs and says, "Come on. Bed time."