Chapter 7 - Training

Our first mission is today, I'm so excited! I wonder if it will actually be good or if it'll suck like crap. I meet up with the rest of the team at the missions place. We get a Level D mission. We have to pull weeds in the hot sun. Gosh! The guy that doesn't want to do this himself must be at least 80 something. It didn't take long for Shino to get his part done. He is just like that with outside-ness. It took the rest of forever. Then, we watched some annoying kids. They were the kinds that repeatedly ask you questions. One kid asks Kiba where babies come from. Kiba is so red right now. I'm not laughing, because I don't need karma, but it's hilarious. Hinata gets the kid off his hands. Kiba says, "Thank you, Hinata-chan!"

Afterwards, we do 10 hours worth of some other sucky stuff. I finally can't take it any longer. When we are at the missions place again, I almost attack Kurrenai-sensei, but Kiba, Hinata, and Shino hold me back. I sigh and plop down on the ground as they let go. I say, "I'm gonna go crazy if I don't get something more advanced than Level D missions." Hinata asks, "Are y-you sure?" I say, "We don't have to leave the village or anything. Just something more advanced. Even if it's only a little." I get up and ask, "What d you say, sensei?" She says, "Maybe after some more training." I say, "Then, let's go!" I turn to leave.

They all sweatdrop. Sensei states, "You're desperate to get going. We haven't even had lunch yet." My stomach growls, and I turn to her, saying, "I knew that. Let's go eat food!" I turn around again to leave, but Kiba holds my arm, so I don't go anywhere. Kurrenai says, "Well, let's go eat then." We left to eat. While we're walking to where we're eating at, Kurrenai-sensei says, "You said we didn't even have to leave. That's what most missions higher than a D mission have. Do you have something against traveling?" I say, "I've moved a lot in my life...It gets annoying knowing people are watching your every move."

Hinata looks up and says, "I kn-know how you feel w-with the p-people watching y-you part." I smile at her. Then, I say, "We're here!" I run up to the shop. It just happened to be the ramen shop. we all sit down and order something. Like it or not, it's one of my favorite foods. Kurrenai asks, "Where are you from, (Y/n)?" I say, "A place." She sarcastically says, "Wow, I didn't know that." I laugh and say, "You really don't know it..." I get done and say, "Well, hurry up! I'm wanting to go on a higher level mission soon!"

They get done, and we go to the 11th training field. Kurrenai-sensei says, "I'm going to teach you chakra control. It is needed in using jutsu. You'll be climbing trees without your hands." Kiba asks, "How the heck are we gonna do that?!" Kurrenai-sensei says, "Focus your chakra to your feet and walk up them, like this." She focuses her chakra for a moment. Then, she starts walking up the tree and sits on a branch. She yells down, "Use your kunai to mark where you get to."

We all pull out a kunai, find a tree, and start the process. I think, 'Okay, I want to get as high as I can, so I'll give myself a minute to get chakra to my feet.' Then, I run at the tree. I get on the tree and start running up it. I start to fall, so I mark at my foot. We all do this for an hour. I almost get to the top. Then, I start to fall. I quickly mark where I get to. When I finally get to the bottom without dying, I sit down on the ground. I get back up and try again. I get a bit higher but fall again. I say to myself, "I keep telling myself: 'Try again! You almost got it that time.' It's not working anymore."

I guess Kiba heard me, because he comes to me and says, "Don't give up. You're almost there. Keep going, no person is perfect, you know?" I look at him and say, "Thanks. I guess you're right. I'm almost there anyway." I hug him and keep trying again and again, until I got to the top. Kurrenai-sensei says, "We're going to do physical training tomorrow. Be here by 7:00 a.m. See you then!" We all left for home. At home, Shawn wasn't there. I guess he got a squad, and they went on a mission. I look around and see a note, and it says:

_____________________________________________________________________________Dear (Y/n), I'll have you know, I'm on a mission. You know where everything is. Buy food, too. Have fun! I hope you don't let yourself die. Don't make anything, unless you know you won't mess it up!

                                Love,

                                            Yo' Bro'

_____________________________________________________________________________