Chapter 1: Exchange of a near-death introduction

A man and woman were standing across each other on a rooftop of their school. A gushing wind blew across them that made the knee-length skirt of the lady flew just a tad bit higher and made her hand halted it before showing her underwear. Her hair was tied into twin high ponytail, it was a color of golden red. Her other hand was on the other ponytail, stopping to cover her face. Her eyes were beaming yellow, bright as the sun. She has to watch carefully or the man just parallel to her will move in a quick succession and he will slit her life into death. She couldn't afford to do it. Her blouse was buttoned up and left only two untucked buttons, flaunting her cleavage. She has a body of a bottle of coke, concave shape in her waistline, busting breast, and her fine sculpted buttocks. Truly magnificent to her body, she couldn't care a thing because she was about to be killed by a man in front of her but she would not give in without a fight.

The man, standing above her by 5 inches tall, the body has an outline of a god. He towers the lady by her six flat height, wearing only a black plaid shirt, the sleeves were folded two times. It gave an accent to his muscular arms. His hair was neatly waxed into a brushed up style, coiffed rather. He has stubble on his jaw, indicating that he had just clean his face with a razor. His head was tilted on the side showing his eyes were droopy, it conveyed voided emotion in a color of crimson ruby. Both of his hands were tucked into the pocket of his khaki short. He gave a grinned to the lady in front of her.

Once the gale became a soft breeze of the late afternoon where the sun was on the horizon, spilling the color of darkened sapphire along the line of skies. It indicates that the time was almost done with the day and now was ready to enter the night, soothing wind grazes upon both bodies on the rooftop. The air whistles and the man started moving, his sneakers squicked in his every step. He was purposely making it loud for the lady to be terrified but once he almost tackles the woman in front of her, he instantly disappeared and he slithered his hand around the neck of this prey. The yellow-eye gasped for an air, quickly and as soon as her terror came, it vanishes instantly. She closed her eyes and once her energy riled up inside her body. She chanted few words. Suddenly, there was a wind sizing them up. It started like an autumn breeze carrying the late winter chills and slowly but constantly, the wind moves with aggression and sped up, tripling its former speed. Making the man release his grip on the lady and backflip 'til he felt that he put a safe distance between the two of them. He landed with his one knee and one, on his foot. He was looking down, he saw that his hands were shivering. He realizes that he falls short into not listening to his briefing before he accepted the mission. After all, he has well known the shadow of the underworld. No one dares go against him for the only thing that would have waited for his prey and enemies is an agonizing death.

He felt a wind pushing through in his direction, caressing his cheeks. He was curious because her prey might have run away from him. So, he looked up and there, awaits him, the lady who seems normal were afloat in the air. Her hands were open and floated on her both sides, her yellow eyes were brightly shimmering in the darkness. Her hair that used to be in a twin ponytail was now down into a middle length golden brown silky hair. Thought, the assassin might not saw it, he was surely certain that one wrong move, heck, even if he twitch a muscle. He would die instantly when he knew he was facing the last descendant of the witches, the true queen. He, now, remembers the yellow eyes. They emitted royalty, making the man's nerve to bow down and serve the queen. His gaze was not once averted from such creatures in front of him. Her skirt that made a waving motion, her hands that were glistening because of her energy. They soon needed to finish their halted exchange of attacks, when the shadow was almost at near to targets the witch's heart. The lady landed on the ground gracefully and with elegance, gesturing her hand to stop the man from attacking her.

"I'm Jane, and you are?"

The man looked confused, he arched one of his brows, signifying of a question that pertains to the witches introduction. He tilted his head, a sign of defeats appeared in his breathing. Accepting that he could not defeat the young lady that stands across him, he extended his hand and the young lady gladly took and shook it, with a big smile on her face. She instantly dropped their hand shake and hug the assassin. "I know that eyes, full of emptiness. That languishing acts awhile ago when your eyes met mine... Uhmmm..." she detached herself from the shadow and rubbed her chin, acting like she was thinking. When her eyes widen, the guy took a glance and saw that her once yellow eyes went to black color, she looked at the man in front of her. With her two hands perched on the guys both shoulders, "We have to read stories and go to starbucks~!" She exclaimed it like a valley girl, with a sassed on it. "I haven't caught your name, handsome." she grinned at him. While the young man scratches his nape. He muttered his name, "I'm Jake." he looked up and offer a sincere smile.

"Now, now. Jake, you clearly could see that you cannot defeat me. How about let's become best buddies? Like brothers and sisters?! Ah! By the way, I loved your ruby eyes before, Jake." Jane stated with an enthusiastic tone but still emits a strong sense of power. The shadow was dumbfounded and let off a sigh of defeat and nodded eagerly. For once, maybe his life would not be bad as it was, for now. They started walking and Jake thought if he could kill the woman in front of him but then again, she was a queen, the one who hugged an assassin without any hesitation and with sincere feelings. After all, a shadow needs a human to appear. Maybe this insane queen would be her best friend? Sounds insane but it was fun for the assassin to embark his journey with the crazy queen.