Chapter 3: The shadows Shadow.

Jane was on her way to collect her best friend in his dorm while thinking what should they do for the rest of their day. Since it was weekend, she thought if they could spar and relax in a café or probably also in the woods while reading their books. She smiled, yeah! We should finish the book already! She smiled and after some walking, she reached the door. She huffed while thinking whether if she should knock or just barged in. Moments had passed, she chooses the latter option and opens the door using her spare keys. She knew something was wrong the moment her nostrils filtered the air from the flat. She entered slowly and cautiously for Jake. Of all the people, she knew him better. She strides with her feet, entering the living room. The ambiance of the room was heavy. There was nothing odd in the flat but as soon as she entered the dining area, she felt a gnawing feeling behind her back. It could be compared to a cobra, slithering its way to wrap the prey, trapping it and poisoning the target. As for Jane, as soon as she turns around to check what was that hunch, she felt two strong legs on her neck. She quickly gasped for air. She tried to frail but Jake didn't let her go. She frailed for dominance when the blond had enough, she snapped her finger. Instantly, she disappeared from the lockdown of the man and appeared in the door, her arms leaning in the frame while holding a book on her other arm. She saw how Jake landed slowly and with great care on the ground. Instantly, she knew that the young man was having an episode. It's been happening here and then. She smirked at the boy who was flashing his ruby eyes.

       She commented to the younger man, really? It was a provocation to the man who was in feral condition, any time soon. He might turn into a beast and shred her body into pieces. With that thought flowed and ended in her mind, she laughed from the pit of her stomach, it was dark and hallow, it emitted a very chilling vibe. "There's no way you could kill me, Shadow." her face went dark as soon as her happiness voided. She started walking towards to the man her eyes was slowly covered by a smoky color of citrine gem, it was slowly gleaming by a darkened yellow. She lowered her face and as he did that, her face was loomed by the shadow in half, covering her face only 'til the lower part of her nose. Indicating that she's ready anytime to clash with her own shadow. She exhaled, airily. As soon as her motion halted, she looked straight at the young man's eye.

       "I'm sorry." Jake hung his head low, accepting defeat. He withdrew his eyes from being a ruby one to his old one. He felt compelled with her power, he needed to bow down. It was first in his history since his parents were murdered in his own very eyes since he was tortured before he got rescued and turned into an assassin. He fell on his knees, he was asking for forgiveness by flashing his eyes at his friend. He eyes were moistening, he knew without any warning that he might be dead. He begged for his life, he begged for mercy. Solemnly and silently with his cries 'til he felt two hands lifting him up, it was forcing him to look in front of him, revealing his best friend, his only family. Jane with his yellow eyes but it gave a sincere and concern emotions, he couldn't take it. He hugged her which was a shocking part of the woman's end. It was the first time Jake embraced Jane. "I'm sorry," he muttered while sobbing. Jane ushered them both to the couch and sat down.

       It was a warm afternoon on a Sunday where a young boy and his parents were going to a park to celebrate the Childs birthday. He's turning 6 at this day. He was cheerfully holding his mother and fathers each hand. Swinging with bliss and an ear to ear smile plastered on the young Jake. Once his parents found a perfect spot for the celebration, they arrange a blanket on the grassy field and put down the typical picnic basket on the corner of the cloth. Once the family has been settled in the park, the happy couple sang happy birthday in a slow volume and going for a crescendo. The young Jake was happily clapping his hands and with the widest smile. Once they were done, they started pulling out the cake and some desserts from the basket. Laying it out for the young boy to eat. His mom stood up and even before she hugged him, the young boy saw a flash of shining metal swinging from side to side. The moment he looked up to check up his parents, they were decapitated. His fathers head was thrown behind him and his mother landed in front of him. This made the young Jake to almost gouged his eye out, he covered his mouth almost pain gripping his cheeks with his hand and then he started screaming at the top of his lungs. He fell on his knee but even before he hit the floor, he got caught by the assassins on his stomach and they hurriedly went back to the white van. Jake was squished in the middle of the two unknown muscular man who killed his parents. His sobbing was going out of control. How could not he stop when he just witness his parents got killed in front of him. He was oozing terror from his cries. He felt perilous in his surrounding. He could feel the deaths scythe looming around his neck and there's nothing he could do to run away from him.

       When the GMC stopped and parked in the lot basement, the young Jake was carried over the shoulder of the man who had a brushed up style, who was also brunette. The young boy couldn't understand what was happening except his parents were swiftly murdered in front of everyone. In a park! The open the heavy metal door and revealed a hallway. At the end of it, lies another mahogany door. The man who was leading the other with the boy on the shoulder opened the door and it revealed a desk in the middle that had an office jet black chair. The shorter one spoke up that they had the subject at hand. All the mysterious man did be just hummed in response. Slowly but surely, the intensity in the room became hefty. The chair turned around eerily slow, revealing a young man who was in his early twenties. He had a stubble around his jawline and his hair was short and curly. He propped up his elbow and on the desk and leaned his chin on the top of the interlaced fingers of his. He smiled and so it has begun.

"They started torturing me. Abused me, sexually and physically. They were demons straight from the den of hell itself!!!" The ruby eye person exclaimed with his lungs out while the blond girl was trying to comfort him in his fetal position. Tears were falling down from his eyes and leaving a faint line of liquid on his cheeks. The saltiness of his dew was landed on Jake's lips, making him be known into the flavor. He was sobbing but as he calmed himself, he continued the story.