family gathering

The next day I woke up, squished between ChengCheng who had his head on my stomach, and Yanjun who had his arms engulfing me. It was a warm, safe embrace and I knew they would always be here for me.

There was a knock on the door.
My brother spoke,"Jingmei all of the families are gathering in the throne room today so get read soon. Do you know where the others are I can't find them?"
"They're here with me Fen-ge don't worry. We'll be down soon." I spoke.

I woke up the two boys and BingBing, and although they hated the thought of waking up this early, they got ready because I threatened to throw them in an ice bath. They got ready quickly, throwing the nearest clothes on.

We scrambled downstairs excitedly, gathering in the throne room.

The Qin, Fan and Cai families were all there.
Mrs Cai spoke, "Its good to see you all here. Well I gathered you all to announce that in 6 months,we both will step down," She waved an arm towards Mr Cai. "As King and Queen and Xukun will take over the Kingdom."

Gasps wete heard throughout the room.
"But he's only 19 mama." Zhenghao spoke up, worried for his older brother.
"Yes son you're right but he is ready."

The look on Xukun's face contradicted her words.

He wasn't ready.