07.

"Hey, Andrea" Evelyn said from the ground, Andrea on the top of the RV

"Yeah" she replied, looking to find the voice.

"Is it alright if I come join ya up there? Cooking isn't really my forte" she asked, referring to the dinner Carol and Lori were working on inside.

"Yeah, of course. I don't mind company" she smiled and turned back to watch.

Evelyn climbed up the rungs of the ladder and pulled a chair up next to Andrea. She took a deep breath and just looked around.

"I get why you like it up here" Evelyn tried to start a conversation.

"Yeah, I just want to help the best I can" She squinted towards Maggie due to the sun.

"Is that why you and Shane were working on guns earlier?" Maggie asked while picking hangnails.

"Yeah. He's showing me how to break them down, clean em and then put me back together. I'm a little shoddy," she laughed at herself "plus he's kinda cute"

"Yeah, you can say that" Evelyn smiled though she wanted to make it clear that they were a thing, but then again they weren't really.

"Walker," Andrea breathed out quietly, hitting Evelyn's leg before standing up and shouting, "walker!"

"Just the one?" Rick asked her as she grabbed the binoculars.

Evelyn had stood up as well to try and see the best she could.

"I bet I could nail it from here" Andrea said.

"No, Andrea, put the gun down" Rick protested.

"You best let us handle this" Shane said limping out of camp.

"No, Shane, Hershel wants to deal with walkers"

Everything was a blur to Evelyn. She pulled the gun from Andrea and aimed. All she wanted to do was make a point to Shane, an unsaid point. She then pulled back the trigger and the bullet flew. She put the gun down and saw how far the others made it out to it.

"No!" Someone yelled back to her, and it was repeated over and over.

She dropped the gun and exhaled. Hershel's family had come running out the house, Greyson included. She came down the ladder, waiting to see what the result was. Greyson had took a spot next to her.

"What happened?" He asked her.

"I shot a walker" Evelyn said, almost proud.

"Don't look like they're dragging a walker back to camp" Greyson shook his head.

As they got closer, Evelyn saw that she shot Daryl. Rick and Shane were dragging him back to camp.

"Jesus fuck!" Evelyn sighed frustrated with herself.

She followed behind as they brought him in the house. She sighed quietly in the parlor as they took him upstairs. Shane had come back a few minutes later.

"You fuckin with me, right?" He asked her, stress and anger was written across his face.

"What? I shot a walker for us. I just want to be helpful" she shrugged.

"It isn't helpful when it was one of our group, Evelyn!" He shouted.

Evelyn stepped closer to him.

"Don't, yell at me" she gritted.

Shane grabbed her face and kissed her roughly.

"You're mine, yeah? So calm down trigger finger, you've made the team" he told her.

"Andrea has the hots for you, I was trying to make a point because I was angry"

"Well I only got the hots for you, so take a deep breath," he sighed and stepped back "you should probably check in with Daryl later, get that shit settled. Come to my tent tonight"

"Sounds good to me"

Evelyn looked down at the bag of meds on the table. There were other things mixed in, blue sky settled at the bottom. She took a deeper look after clearing the room. She found Vicodin, Percocet, Valium and so much more. She picketed the pills, leaving the bottles. She took handfuls of the meth before pressing down her shirt filled with drugs.

*****

There was dinner held inside the house that night. It was quiet, no one was very happy with each other today. Good food, bad vibes. Evelyn needed to get out.

"I'm gonna bring a plate to, uh, to Daryl" she said as she filled her plate with more food.

She clumsily found her way out of the table, every creak and noise hung in the air until she was upstairs. She knocked on the door and took his grunt as an ok to open the door. Daryl had a bandage on his side and one around his head. She didn't miss the old scars on his back before he pulled the sheet up over himself.

"I brought you dinner" she said quietly.

"You shot me and ya think dinner is an apology?" He grunted.

"Actually, I brought dinner because I didn't want to be sitting in the terrible dining room anymore" she stood up to him once again.

"That's honest"

"I imagine you like to keep it real" she told him before setting down his plate on the bedside table. One of the crystals fell on the table but she didn't see it.

She went to leave but then put her head back in the doorway. Daryl turned to her with a raised eyebrow.

"Shooting you got me in your club, I have no regrets" she said smiling, so glad to finally be in as she walked down the hall.

Greyson ran into her leaving his room.

"You good, ma?" He asked her with a worried expression.

"Yeah. Just, it's been a good day" she smiled.

"I'm headed to bed, I'll see you in the morning. Love ya, ma" he hugged her, his frame towering hers.

"Love you too" she kissed his head before letting him go.

She walked downstairs and outside. Shane stood outside his tent and she headed towards it.

"Waiting for me?" She smirked.

"Always" he smiled and followed her into the tent.

"You looked real good earlier, with your shirt unbuttoned. It was quite the look" she laughed as she took off her boots.

"You look good with your shirt unbuttoned too" he grabbed her by her waist and set her on top of him.

She leaned down, her arms resting on his chest.

"Are we a thing?" She asked him.

"I thought I made that clear today"

"I just want to double check so Andrea can't touch you"

"I can't stop her from doing that, I'm irresistible, you know that" he winked.

"You're so cocky, asshole"

"I ain't cocky if it's true" he snapped back.

Evelyn was feeling good again. Fitting in, making herself known. Everything was sailing smooth again.