Damn

Zero's POV

I ran to fetch the things, my head spinning. Not this whole demon business again, I mean, come on! Surely we had to get some rest?!

...Right?

And as if all of that wasn't enough to keep me busy, another part was wondering how we were going to get tears from someone who loved someone else with wings... I mean, Luanna had told me she loved me, and she'd saved my life, but I still doubted whether she actually loved me. It was more of an antogonistic relationship where she could take her anger out on me. Sweet.

Luanna huffed next to me, and stormed into her room, throwing several things over until she found a box. "Gotcha! Here, hold it, twirp."

She thrusted it into my arms, and I sighed. "Lua-"

"What?!"

"Are you sure? I don't want to go all freaky on Alex' newly found source of annoyance 'slash' affection."

"Yeah, I'm sure."

I swallowed. "Go find her, shushnub," Luanna growled.

"Uhm- can't you do it?"

"I'll be right behind you, coward."

I nodded, and took a deep breath as I walked outside, and approached Alex and Emma, who were talking quietly together. Emma seemed to shudder every now and then, and Alex slung his arm around her, looking partly disgusted and partly affectionate, and I could swear I saw some smugness in there too.

Weirdo.

Luanna gave me a sign, and I swallowed, tapping Emma on the shoulder. When she didn't turn around, I scraped my throat loudly.

Here...We...Go.

Alex' POV

I heard Zero scrape his throat, and I turned to him, annoyed. Emma quivered under my arm, and I felt uncomfortable, so I removed my arm. "What?" I asked.

Zero's eyes flitted to Luanna, and I narrowed mine. "What?!"

"Can't the girl talk for herself?" Luanna retorted.

"What do you two want?" I said, gripping Emma's arm. I did not like the look on my sister's face. And Zero looked very nervous. Even more so than usual.

Emma made a noise, and tried to back away as Zero grabbed her other arm. Anger rushed through me. "Let her go!"

Luanna shoved me aside. "We have some business to do, brother."

"W-NO! LEAVE HER ALONE!"

"Shut up! She's not- there's a demon-"

I launched myself at her, and pushed her aside. "Leave Emma alone!"

Emma herself, who was being held by Zero, was scratching and hissing wildly, and I stopped as I saw her. Her eyes were wild, and all will left me.

"She's a demon," I whispered, disappointment flooding through me.

"No, just possessed by one," Luanna grunted, helping Zero restrain here.

I just sagged to the ground, and buried my head in my hands.