..........

Zero's POV

I watched her sit on the rafters, swinging her legs back and forth. "I wanted to talk about you about what you told Myhrr."
"What about it?" Luanna said nervously.
"You said I was yours only, " I prompted.
She stiffened, and didn't answer.
"What did you mean by that?"
"Our souls are bonded," she muttered.
My heart leapt as I realized there must be more. "Luanna, tell me the truth."
She looked uneasy. "I...just...I don't know...I..."
I waited patiently as she struggled for words.
"I think a small part of me likes you, Zero," she admitted.
My heart stopped for a moment, and then tripled its speed. Heat rose to my face, and I felt a smirk lift the corners of my mouth. "A small part of me likes you too, Luanna."
We stood there in silence for a while, until she interrupted it. "So now what do we do?"

Alex' POV

Myhrr and I talked for quite a while, and I couldn't stop looking at her. She shared the same pretty looks as her sister did. Reddish hair, freckles, large eyes...
I was vaguely aware of Piper staring at me, but I was lost in Myhrr's hypnotic voice.
That was, until Piper tapped me on the shoulder. "Glad to see you're okay," she said.
I gave her a grin. "I am too. Is Zero dropping dead yet?"
She shook her head, and smiled back. "Not yet...as far as I am concerned."
We stared at each other for a while, until Myhrr flipped her hair back and took my hand. "You've grown, Alex."
"You already said that," I remarked.
Her eyes darkened, but then lighten up again. "It's just suprising," she said in a high voice.
"Hmm," I mused. Piper was gnashing her teeth, and I gave her a look. She flushed. "I'll be...somewhere. Tell me if you need me."
She was gone before I could say anything, and Myhrr looked up at me from under her lashes. "Do you think she's pretty?"
I felt confused. "Well...Not very...But yes."
She frowned at this, and then pouted. "Do you think I am pretty?"
The way she looked at me and tightened her hold on my hand made heat flush to my face. "Well...Yes."
She seemed satisfied at this, and gave me a pearly white, angelic smile.
A scream rang through the silent house, and I jumped up. "Zero!"
Before I can see Myhrr's response at the situation, I launch myself to Luanna's room as fast as possible.