Chapter 2

"Get doooooooown with meeeeeeeee..

forever beeeeeeee mine ladyyyyyyy

foreveeeeer beeeeee...

wiiiith meeeeeeeee."

Angel sang, or rather yelled along with the rest of the band as they played the most obnoxious music ever. She enjoyed the feeling. Letting out all the stress and emotions as one would while making music.

Angel knew her parents hated band night. The one night a week they let her play on the large porch filled with sofas and tables to entertain guests.

Angel loved to rub it in their faces. A rebelious girl if ever there was one.

'Shoot... Rebel should be my first name,' she thought as they started to play her newest song "Rebel Angel."

The gang hadn't come up with a name yet but they tossed around some things. Strawberry Clump came to mind but since the guys thought it made them look like more of a girl band, it was tossed aside.

"I'll take you to hell where we can scream and yell all we want to!!

Be ourselves all we want to...

We rebeeeeel cuz we want toooo.. ruuuules are fooor foools!

Dont tell me what I can or cannot say..

dont tell me to stay...

dont fuss when i cuss cuz its just my own way..

i'm a rebeeeeeeeell"

At this point, the screamer joined in again and they had the best time banging on the drums and pretending to smash their guitars. "Im a reeeeebbbeeelll Angeeeeeeelllll."

The song finnaly came to and end. Everyones ears were red. The screamer, Joe, rubbed his throat and grabbed a water bottle, yet they were all smiling in self sattisfaction.

"Come on guys!" James complained. "Lets keep it going!"

Angel nodded in agreement. Anything... Anything that would make the voices in her head go away.

~*~

At sixteen years old, Angel had grown used to her gifts. She had trained herself on how to use them and kept her new power a secret even from her parents.

She experimented sometimes. Going late at night to the National Reserved park called Ga'an Point in Agat, where there were man made caves from the war and a huge brick brocade in the middle of the shore.

There were huge ancient guns painted to last in the weather with plaques telling the story of the Japanese invasion of Guam on that same beach. Occasionaly, she would find bullet shells and rust crusted metal that were no doubt from World War II. There she would control her own war within herself and levitate objects calling them from her mind.

She tried branching out with her mind to see who else was there with her. Usually she'd get a bunch of drunk hormonal teenagers about to do the nasty so she stopped doing that.

Angel realized that when she was upset, her powers would strengthen. She simply controlled her emotions as they came and was probably the only teenager to have a calm interior. On the outside though was a different story. In order to put up a front at being normal, she adapted this rebel facade as if she was angry all the time. Making her parents fall for its normality.

Yet she also found that music drowned out most things. The voices for one, and helped control her powers as if they were never there. She found that making music was a way to channel her inner turmoil and calm it further. It was a relief to her mentaly and physicaly. Her band members were her only friends but she didn't mind.

The less that knew her, the more likely it was that her abillities were hidden. Thats the way she wanted it.

~*~

As her last song came to an end Angel bowed her head covering her face and the mic with her long black hair. Angel felt good. She felt great. That was the most rejuvanating experience ever and she loved it.

"You ever think we'll get famous?" Her band member James asked.

I hope not, Angel thought. She flashed a smile to James who seemed dazed as his eyes never left her.

"Sure we will."

Everyone whipped their heads to the side catching their first glimpse of the guy who said that.

Angel narrowed her eyes as he stepped on her porch.

He was okay looking if you like buisness suits and creepy smiles. He was an American. Light blond hair cropped short, long lean body under those, no doubt, straight ironed clothes and shiny shoes. He was pretty good looking, Angel thought.

"And who, pray tell, are you?" She demanded to know. Good looking or not, he was a stranger. Strangers equall danger.

"I am your new manager." His smile revealed white teeth but the front was crooked as if someone had punched him in the face. Angel felt sattisfied at that picture. She did not like this guy.

"Says who?" She had to reign in her irritance or else her powers would show. Speaking of powers.

Angel concentrated on the guy trying to get a read on him. Her efforts came up with nothing. Instantly she became suspicious. Why wasn't her power working? Who was he? What was he?

"I'm Guy.. Guy Buddy." He said as if to answer her inward quiestions. "If you'll let me, I can be the one to take you to the top."

Right.. Angel narrowed her eyes in suspicion yet the rest of the band had awesome smiles on their faces.

Great, Angel thought, this guy was just the start of a brand new problem.