Part Five

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

I swear to Zeus that if the beeping doesn't stop I'm gonna kill somebody.

I groan and sit up, opening my eyes and looking at the pesky heart monitor.

I reach for it and someone slaps my hand away. It is Dr. Cullen. I sigh and lay back down.

"How am I alive?" I ask him, silly expecting to be dead at this point.

"Seth got to you in time. If he would have gotten you to me a few minutes later, you would've been dead." He says. I slowly nod.

"You lost so much blood that I had to give you a few transfusions. Let me know when you heal, so I can take the stitches out." He says. I pull up the nightgown and see the stitches covering my stomach.

I groan and Carlisle chuckles.

"Your have guests is waiting to see you." He's says.

"Not the imprints." I warn him. He's nods and leaves, reappearing with everybody and their imprints.

I glare at the doctor who shrugs.

"And I thought that doctors listened to the patient's wishes." I glare at him. He looks embarrassed.

"Leah, cut it out." Mom says sharply.

"No. Not until she gets out." I glare at Kim.

Jared glares at me, but I don't care.

"No. She doesn't leave." Sam says sharply.

"Fine. She doesn't leave, I leave." I smile, getting out of the bed and slipping into my clothes in front of all of them, and leaving, against Carlisle's wishes.

I walk back to the clearing, staring at the pool of dried blood that sits there like a puddle of water.

Eventually, Seth appears. He shifts back to human form and quickly puts his shorts on. Then he comes to sit next to me.

"We found your blood here and tracked it to Canada. Apparently the Denali's are tracking the vampire down now." Seth says after a few minutes.

"Send them a picture of Jonathan. That way they will recognize him. " I tell him numbly, feeling my skin start to heal.

"Leah, please just tell me what happened." He's says softly.

"You might as well tell the boys to come out. I could smell you guys two miles away. " I say loudly. Two minutes later, the entire pack, minus their imprints surround me.

"Who is Jonathan?" Paul asks first.

"Sam's ex-best friend." I say dryly.

Sam stiffens.

"Why was Jonathan here?" Sam asks.

"He came to see me. You see, he knows what we are and he only thinks that it is me. " I say softly, knowing that they can still hear me.

"How did he know?" Sam asks.

"I haven't talked to him since he left. Why do I you think I know? He was supposed to be your friend." I snap at Sam.

"Leah, stop. You may think you are the center of the world, but your not." Jared yells.

I stiffen, standing up to face the pack.

"Seth, I will see you soon." I say through my teeth, walking past the pack, purposely bumping into Kim, as I walk past, walking home. When I get there , I pack my bags, leaving a letter for Mom.

Then I leave, not looking back.