Chapter One

When I was little, it was my dream to move to America and meet all the famous celebrities. When I was seventeen, I was into YouTube. It was my life, it kept me away from all the horrible things going on in the outside world. I finally graduated at nineteen after repeating grade six. I knew exactly where my adventure would begin. I smiled, I laughed, I lived a little in Australia. But, I knew I needed another place to journey. I walked downstairs to the kitchen, my mom was down there with my stepfather, Mark. "Mom, dad. I need to talk to you guys about something" I said quietly. Mom looked at me worried, we walked into the lounge room and sat on the couch. Mark was trying to get comfortable on the lounge. "Dad, this is more important then throwing around pillows to get comfortable" I said. I, then looked at mom. I was scared to tell her because of how she'd react. "Since, I was a little girl, I dreamed of moving to California. Now, I've graduated... I was thinking maybe you could help me book a flight to move there" I waited patiently, everything was silent. "Mom?" I said quietly. Her eye started to twitch. "Why... Why would you want to move there?" She asked, I looked at her strangely. "Because, well... It's been my dream to live there for years. I was scared to tell you because of how you'd react" I started to raise my voice. "Don't raise you're voice at me, Makaela" Mom said angrily. I stood up, "I'm an adult, I have the right to raise my voice or choose where I want to live. I'm going" I said and stormed off upstairs. My mom doesn't support me throughout stuff like this. I thought she would've but, I guess not. "Honey. Just let her do it. Let her live her dream, she's earned this" Mark said. Leigh looked at Mark, "Fine" She said and stood up. I was in my room, packing when I heard a knock at my bedroom door. It was my mom, she opened the door. I continued packing. "Are you going to yell at me again, accuse me, ground me, throw my stuff out the window then me?" I asked, my mom smiled. "No, as a matter of a fact. I'm going to help you pack your things, book a flight for you" She said. I stopped packing turned around, I smiled. I hugged my mom. "I'm going to miss you, sweetheart" Mom said whispering. "I'm going to miss you too" I said. Later that night, mom got out her laptop and started booking a flight for me. "You leave, tomorrow night" Mom said. "Wow, that's so fast" I said. "It's what you want, I'm making your wish come true" Mom said. I smiled once again. "I'm going to head to bed, I'm getting exhausted" I said. I hugged mom and said goodnight. I walked upstairs and climbed into my bed, I fell asleep really fast.

The next morning, I was still asleep. Mom woke up earlier to pack the rest of my stuff up. Five hours later, my alarm went off. I woke up and stretched in bed. My life was about to change heaps. I smiled and got out of bed, I checked the time on my phone. It was already two o'clock in the afternoon. "Crap!" I yelled. I got in the shower, washed my hair. I picked out a comfortable outfit and put it on. I wrapped it around my head. I started brushing my teeth, then realized I had to hurry up. I put the toothbrush in my mouth and put my shoes on, I ran back to the sink, spat the toothpaste into the sink. I washed the sink, and packed my toothbrush. I came running down the stairs, unwrapping the towel from my head. "Mom, why didn't you wake me up? It's already three o'clock now" I said frustrated. "We have to get you to the airport!" Mom yelled, she ran to get her jacket knocking everything off the table. She grabbed her purse, shoes and keys and ran out the door. We got in the car, mom reversed out of the driveway into a burn out. We drifted onto the highway. "What time is your flight again?" Mom asked. "Five thirty" I said. Mom swore, then speeded. About an hour later, we arrive at the airport, went through the security and got to the boarding gate. Everyone was boarding, "Have an amazing time, I'll come up this weekend to see you" Mom said quickly, "Okay" I said in a rush. We hugged and then I got on the plane to Los Angeles, California. Mom left the airport, crying. I fell asleep on the plane, this was about to be the most crazy journey of my entire life. The flight so far was smooth, I woke up to smelling food. I got offered dinner, so I ordered Caesar Salad. They gave it to me, I ate it slowly as it was delicious. After my salad, I fell back asleep for the last 10 hours. I was exhausted, soon to be jetlagged. The flight had a bit of turbulence, but still smooth. It was a really good flight.

TO CONTINUE READING... CONTINUE ONTO CHAPTER 2