Chapter Two

I arrived in Los Angeles, I grabbed my phone out of my purse on my shoulder to ring my mom, a guy ran past me and took my purse off my shoulder and knocked my phone out of my hand. I picked my phone up, it was smashed. I looked up, "Hey!!" I yelled. I started chasing the thief, he was so fast. I kept yelling. Another guy with brown and blonde hair chased him, he knocked him over and grabbed the purse. The thief ran away, the stranger walked over to me. "Hey, are you okay?" He asked. He was so handsome, "He took my purse. i was just ringing my mom to let her know I arrived in LA, then that guy took my purse... I smashed my phone. Bad start to LA, but I'll get used to it, I guess" I bragged. The handsome guy looked at me then smirked. "I'm sorry, I'm bragging" I giggled then smirked. "No, it's cute... I'm Brennen" He introduced himself. "It's nice to meet you, Brennen" I said blushing. "Are you going to tell me your name?" Brennen asked. "Hmm. No, I'm just trying to find my apartment. But it was really nice to meet you" I said smiling as I walked away. Brennen stood where he on the footpath, smiling. "Playing hard to get, I see" He whispered to himself. I walked down the path until I found where my apartment was. Brennen got back to this massive, white mansion. He walked in the front door where all his roommates were, he was smiling. "Why are you blushing?" Elton asked. Brennen immediately stopped smiling, "What do you mean I was blushing?" Brennen asked, Colby walked in. "Let me guess you met a girl" Colby said and put his hand on Brennen's shoulder. "No, definitely not" Brennen said. "I somehow always know when you're lying" Elton said. "Okay, fine. So, I met a girl" He blushed once more. "I knew it" Colby said. "What's her name?" Corey asked. "I don't know, she never told me, she walked away smiling" Brennen said. "She's playing hard to get, that's cute" Colby said. "Let's throw a party. Brennen finally met a chick!" Sam yelled from the living room. "Yeah, let's not" Brennen said, smiling thinking about the mystery girl. I was in my apartment, unpacking. There was a knock on the front door. I walked over to it and answered it, it was a girl with dark, long hair. "Hi, you must be my new neighbor. I'm Katrina, but you can call me Kat" Katrina introduced herself. "I'm Makaela. I just got here earlier today" I said, "Sweet, there's a party at a mansion. Wanna come with me?" Kat asked. "Ugh... I love parties. Of course I'll come, I'll just get some actual clothes on. You can come in" I said. Katrina walked in and stood by the counter, while I got dressed. I walk out in a see through black top with a black bra underneath and black skinny leather jeans. I grabbed my jacket. "That is literally my ideal outfit" Kat said. I giggled. "I haven't been to a party in years, but I still know how to dress for one" I said. "Okay, we gotta start moving, or else" Katrina said.

Me and Katrina were in her car, "What did you mean by or else?" I asked. "Oh, my bff, Devyn... She gets mad if we aren't there on time" Kat explained. "Oh, I totally understand that" We both giggled. We arrived at the mansion, I was stunned. "Wow, it's huge" I said. "I know right" Kat said. We both got out of the car, and walked to the door, Kat knocked and Devyn answered it. "Finally, why were you late?" Devyn asked. "I was greeting my new neighbor" Kat said. "Oh, hi. I'm Devyn" She introduced herself. "I'm Makaela" I smiled. Brennen was with Colby, he looked towards the front door and saw me, "Fuck!" He dragged Colby into the kitchen. "Do I look good?" Brennen asked. "Bro, you look fine. Is everything okay?" Colby asked. Devyn moved aside and let me in to join the party. It was wild, big, loud. It was my kind of party. "She's here" Brennen said. "The girl you met?" Colby asked. "Exactly" Brennen said. Kat and Devyn pulled me onto the dance floor to dance. Brennen saw me from a clear view. "Oh fuck, she's with Kat and Devyn" Brennen said. "The one with the blonde hair, and black clothes?" Colby asked. Brennen nodded. "She's... Hot!" Colby said. "Hey, I layed eyes on her first" Brennen said. "Relax, I wouldn't do that" Colby said. They were both watching me dance. After a few minutes, I stop dancing and see Brennen, he looks away pretending he didn't see me. "I'll be back" I said. I smiled and pushed through the crowd to get to Brennen. I pretended I was getting shots. I walked over to him afterwards. "You seem like you're having" I said as I put my arm on his shoulder. Colby turned the other direction and tried not to laugh. I looked at Colby "You must be Brennen's best friend, right?" I asked Colby, "Yeah" He said nervously. "I'm Makaela. Brennen saved my purse for me" I introduced myself. "Oh, so you do have a name" Brennen said in a smart ass way. "I believe I do" I said. I smiled, I put my hair behind my ear. "Well, I'm bored" I said and threw a shot in my mouth. "I thought parties were supposed to be fun for you?" Brennen asked. "Well, they used to be. But, I had a rough childhood in Australia, so I hope I can have a better life here" I said. "Australia? That's where you were from?" Colby asked. "Yeah, it was... is" I said nervously. "You two seem to be getting along fine" Brennen said. "I play hard to get, it's actually funny" I said smiling.

TO CONTINUE READING... CONTINUE ONTO CHAPTER THREE