Chapter 4

I opened the garage door, and drove in. At least I left the door connecting to the garage open, though now the house was probably just as cold as the garage was now. Great.

But that could be fixed as soon as I turned on the thermostat. Hopefully that would be as soon as I would come inside. But not likely, I had to settle my slave first.

I never took my hand off her really, when I tired of petting her head and down her back, I rested my hand on her neck throughout the drive. I slowed to a stop, parking and taking the keys out of the ignition. I let another small sigh escape my lips as I unbuckled my seat, careful not to disturb her. I took a small glance at her, a frown tugging on my lips as I took in the sight of her pitiful form, having to remind myself that none of this was her fault.

None of it could remotely be her fault. She didn't have a choice in this.

She shivered when I took my hand away, and I opened the door to slide out. I shuddered at the freezing temperature of the cemented part of the house. I felt goosebumps raising under my thin coat, which sucked.

I closed the door, the small bang sounding like a strange gunshot echoing around the room, and I saw her jump slightly, even in her sleep she was afraid. I shoved my keys into my left pocket after clicking the button to close the garage door, watching it slowly slide down for a second before going to the light switch and flipping it on. I glanced at the door I so stupidly forgot to close. My house must be iced over from how cold it was. Except the basement, which was just as cold, if not more so, than the garage. Then again, I left it open on purpose, so lying to myself and saying I forgot wasn't a good excuse.

I shook my head at myself. I was pathetic sometimes, but I couldn't be now.

I came around to her side, opening it. She looked dead, but when I touched her she shuddered with a small noise I couldn't identify, which basically told me that she was alive. Currently alive. But not for long, unless I hurry this up. I scooped her up, the blankets still around her like a cocoon. I made sure that her head was facing me, and adjusted her slightly, gripping just a bit tighter so she wouldn't slip through the blankets on the concrete floor. And crack her head open. And bleed. Alot. And die.

I pursed my lips at the thought, a small grimace on my face as I kicked it shut too. She jumped slightly, but it was so small it could have been my imagination, but I knew that it wasn't. I managed to get into the house without any problems. I went to the living room, smiling when I remembered to put another pile of blankets and pillows on the floor for my guest. As gently, and as slow as I could, I carefully set her down on it and went to go make some calls after closing the door that connected to the garage.

But I wanted to stay with her. I nodded to myself, frowning as I rushed into the kitchen. I quickly opened a can of tuna, drained about half of the water inside of it, and then smashed the meat as fast as I could, putting that on a smaller plate. I took the milk out of the fridge, a small bowl from the cupboards before closing it, then set it by the tuna. I would throw away the tin and put the milk carton back into the fridge later. If I remembered. I went back into the living room with the tuna in one hand, the sloshing milk in the bowl in the other. She hadn't moved from the spot where I had left her, of course she hadn't. What did I expect? Her to be standing already and running around?