Part 2:

Will's POV:

  I find myself wandering in a dark forest. Why am I here? I look around, realizing where I am.

     I'm back in the Upside Down.

     I try to scream, to kick, but the only emotion my brain can process is frear. Why?

     Something tells me to look up.

     It's coming for me.

     I see the shadow extending all around me. I can't move. My mind is screaming run run run, but every muscle in my body is frozen.

     I see the shadow getting closer. All of a sudden, it stops.

     Then everything goes black.

                                                       -------------------------------------------------  

     "You okay?" Mike's soft eyes gaze over my face, as if taking it in.

     "I'm fine." I look down at the pavement suddenly wanting to disappear.

     Mike's hand reaches for my shoulder. "You can talk to me. You know that, right?"

     But before I can answer, a piercing scream makes us turn.

     "Oh my god, you're so terrible!"

     "No, you're the terrible one! You could've killed me!"

     I take in the scene before me: 

     Max laughing her head off, Lucas on the ground, her skateboard at his side, Dustin snapped to attention and looking sour, and Eleven smiling lazily as if the scene is mildly amusing.

     "What happened?" Mike also seems just as confused as I am.

     "Lucas tried to ride my skateboard because it's 'so easy'-"

     "And she pushed me off!" Lucas points an accusing finger at Max, but clearly shaken from his little fall.

     "Oh, come on, it was a nudge," Max contradicts playfully.

     "Okay, whatever it was," I look at Lucas, "could you try to not scream like you're dying? Some of us were worried."

     Lucas blushes sheepishly while Max grins and high-fives me. Even El snickers.

     We keep walking towards the school, when I notice something's going on between Mike and Eleven. Mike will try to hold her hand, but she'll slyly duck out of it. Mike then is clearly embarrassed, but also confused. I am too.

     What's going on? Aren't they still together?

     "What're you staring at?" Dustin asks as he falls behind, coming next to me.

     "N-nothing," I mutter.

     Dustin lowers his voice. "They've been acting weird all morning." He claps a hand on my shoulder. "She may have had enough of him."

     A tiny flutter of hope bounces around in my heart. If she moves on, maybe Mike will- But my flutter of hope instantly dies when Eleven finally just takes his hand and walks into school. 

                                                  -------------------------------------------------  

     "Will, could I talk to you for a second? Alone?" 

     El grabs my hand and leads me around the side of the school.

     "Okay, what do you need?" I look around nervously, a tiny part of me wondering if she found out how I feel about Mike.

     "It's about Mike."

     Oh no.

     "Lately he's been so clingy, and honestly I'm kinda over him."

     Thank god.

     "I think I only liked him because he was the first boy that I'd ever met." I look at her, confused. "Around my age, I mean. I need your help to dump him."

     "Why can't you just do it yourself?" I see the rest of the group walk out of the school, both Dustin and Mike shooting us curious glances.

     "I've been trying to for the past week. He just won't listen. Please?" 

     I look over at her, the pleading look on her face hits me like a ton of bricks. I realize that she just trying to be a regular person, with a regular boyfriend, and a regular life. She isn't going to hurt me if I don't do itm she just be sad or disappointed.

     Like a regular person.

     "Okay."

     I see a smile creep onto her face as she hugs me. Not an evil smile, just a Thank you smile.

     "I'm really glad to have you as my friend, you know that?"

     I think she's starting to grow on me.