Chapter 2

Orihime woke up after a long night, hardly caught a few hours worth of sleep. Her mind was still troubled from the 'arrancar incident' that took place yesterday. All she did was save him. But she still felt as if she had committed a grave sin . She knew she had to get ready for school and quickly got up. She rushed through her morning routine and left after a quick breakfast with an omlette and chocolate syrup poured over it.

School was just as same as every day. Nothing unusual happened. Orihime sat quietly. She couldn't stop thinking about that arrancar. Who exactly was he? After the second period, Orihime walked down the corridor. Lost in her thoughts she accidentally bumped into some one. "Ah !" She yelped as her thigh hit the floor. "Oh, Inoue !! I am so sorry !" It was Ichigo.

Orihime blinked at him. She soon came back to her senses and immediately apologized. Ichigo reached out his hand and pulled up Orihime. "Are you alright ? You seem ...tired."

"Huh ? No no I'm fine Kurosaki kun, Don't worry about me." Orihime smiled.

"Oh, alright." Ichigo replied. Suddenly, his eyes widened. Something was not right. He could feel it. Even Orihime sensed it. It was a hollow. Judging from it's spirit pressure, it could be a menos. "Ichigo !" Rukia's voiced called. "Yeah, I'm on it." Ichigo replied and raced towards her.

Orihime stared at those two. Not a moment passed without her wishing to be the petite shinigami. She was pretty, strong and could bicker and play around with Ichigo. She felt a hint of jealousy.

The rest of the day passed on and soon she found herself walking home. Orihime was still confused about the arrancar with blue hair and she was still sad and jealous of Rukia. Not that she hated Rukia, she liked her. A lot. Rukia was kind and very friendly to her. She knew that Rukia loved her dearly.

As she was swallowed in her thoughts, she was unaware of the approaching Adjhucas hollow. It only took a second before she realised the hollow's presence and quickly dodged the incoming attack. "Koten Zanshun ! I reject !" She cried and Tsubaki flew towards the hollowed to attack.

The Adjhucas smacked him away and sent him flying towards the ground. "Tsubaki!" Orihime screamed as she caught him. "Stupid girl ! You didn't focus properly!" Tsubaki cursed as he vanished. But the hollow approached her and came closer. He pushed her violently and sent her crashing against a wall.

"Aahh!" She screamed, feeling her left arm engulfed in pain. She could feel blood trickle down from her forehead. The hollow was closer to her. Orihime felt her whole body was turn to ice cold. She could not move an inch. The hollow came closer and raised it's hand. Orihime closed her eyes, unwilling to face the Adjhucas.

Suddenly, the huge hollow was split in half. Orihime gasped at the scene. Who had come to rescue her ? Was it Kurosaki kun? Ishida kun? Her eyes widened as she saw her hero. It was the blue haired arrancar ! The one whom she healed yesterday.

His cold blue eyes stared at her, examining her body. She was holding her left arm and was bleeding from her forehead. But her grey eyes were filled with fear as looked at him. Grimmjow leaned closer to her. "Just a repayment for my left arm." He spoke in a dangerous tone. He turned back and started walking. "Thank you for saving me" She spoke out loud as she got up, still holding her left arm.

Grimmjow looked at her and was surprised to see her smiling. She is beautiful. He  thought to himself. She didn't have fear in her eyes anymore. They were warm and filled with kindness. He walked towards her. He saw the blood from her forehead trickling down to her right eyelid. He absent mindedly brushed it away with his thumb. 

Orihime's eyes widened at his act. She was shocked. Just yesterday, he was acting like a brutal monster and now he was being gentle. Grimmjow came back to his senses and realised what he had just done. "If that's all you have to say, then go home !" He snapped. Orihime was slightly shocked but what is the point? Maybe that is his true nature. "Yes, Thanks again, Mister." She smiled 

Grimmjow saw her as she struggled with her bag and her books. Somehow she managed to carry it. "Grimmjow." He said softly.

Orihime turned around and faced him. "Huh ? Sorry, i didnt get you." 

"Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez. That's my name." He replied. "Oh, then Thank you, Grimmjow san !" She smiled. Grimmjow felt his heart race. What is with this girl? Why is she acting all goody goody? She knows that he is an arrancar. Didn't she remember what happened last night? Orihime failed to get a grip as her books tumbled down.

She sighed and struggled to pick them up. He had to admit, her bag looked pretty heavy. He turned around and walked away. Why should he help a lowly human anyway? He saved her, right? Wasn't that enough?

He turned around to look at her and this time, she got everything together and was walking peacefully. Damn. She was definitely going to turn him nuts. Why did he feel concerned about her safety ? 

********** 

"Inoue san ?" A voiced called behind her. As she turned around, she lost her grip on her books and they all clashed down. She turned around to see Uryu. "Ishida kun ?" 

"I am sorry." He apologized as he picked up her books. "Why are you bleeding, Inoue san ? How did you get hurt ?" Ishida asked. "Umm, well it was a hollow. It was pretty strong so, it was a struggle."Orihime replied. "And you finished it off by yourself ? Nice !" Ishida smiled at her. Orihime returned a guilty smile. How can she tell him the truth? She would have if it was her friends or allies but the one who saved her was an enemy.

"Let me take you home. I'll take care of your wounds." Ishida offered. "No no, I don't want to trouble you." She replied, looking down. "No Inoue san, You are injured and your left arm is probably fractured. Better yet, I'll take you to my Dad's Hospital. I am doing this because we are friends, right ?" 

"Yes. Ishida kun, you are so kind" Orihime smiled warmly. "Thank you so much !"

"Not a problem" He smiled and they walked together to the Karakura hospital.

***********

Orihime sat down on her futon. She had finished her homework and planned to take the next day off as insturcted by Uryu. Her forehead recieved a cut and her shoulder was dislocated. But what she could not take off her mind was that blue haired arrancar. What was his name ? 

"Grimmjow"  She smiled as she recalled his name. "Grimmjow is such a cool name !" She exclaimed to herself. She picked her pink teddy bear. "You know Enraku, Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez is a really cool name ! Also, he has blue hair ! I wonder how i would look like with Blue hair." She paused for a minute and imagined.

"Uh huh, That would be so cool !" She smiled and lied down, pulling the covers. "Hey Enraku, how would every thing be like if Kurosaki kun would have come to save me instead of that Grimmjow san ?" She asked and closed her slowly, relieved that there was no need to get up early for school.