Chapter Seventeen: Photographs

"Luke, come on." I say to a nervous Luke, trying to coax him on a ride that I have never been on before.

"Can't we just go on the Ferris Wheel again? That was fun last time!" He exclaims and wraps his arms around my hips, pulling me closer to him and trying to move me away from the ride he didn't want to go on.

"It will be a fun first experience for us both." I say and try to pull from his embrace, failing as he stops all of my attempts to escape.

"Hazel, I just wanna make out with you on the Ferris Wheel." He whines. I huff at him just wanting to make out with me while I actually wanted to ride a ride.

"For that, I won't be giving you any kisses." I say jokingly and he immediately lets me go.

He holds his hands up in surrender, "Fine, let's not get too drastic here." He laughs at me but I try to keep my seriousness. I cross my arms over my chest.

"Hazel, don't tease me." He says and tries to reach out for me. I back away and he sighs.

"Fine, I'll go on the ride with you." He says and I uncross my arms. I smile at him and walk back over to the roller coaster he didn't want to ride.

I stand in front of him and he wraps his hands around my waist, pulling my back into his chest.

He bends down so his head is right next to my left ear.

"But, if I go on this ride, I want a kiss."

I smile as he rests his chin on my shoulder, me being too short, he has to crouch down just to let his head be level with me.

"Deal." I reply.

--

"Never again." I find myself saying as we got off the ride. There was too many twists and turns, I never thought a ride could take you upside down so many times.

"I actually liked it." Luke says and shrugs his shoulders.

I shake my head and begin to walk away from the exit, towards a different part of the amusement park.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asks and grabs my hand, pulling me back to him.

"To sit down?" I point over to the benches conveniently placed all around the amusement park.

"That wasn't apart of the deal." He says and I roll my eyes, he was really being serious about that kiss.

"Fine." I huff and stand on my tip-toes, placing a short kiss on Luke's lips.

I begin to walk back over to the benches but was pulled back again.

"What kind of kiss was that? Kiss me Hazel." He says and brings his head down, so I wouldn't have to stand on my tip-toes.

I smile at him and he does the same. He winks at me and closes his eyes, puckering his lips like a 5 year old would to kiss his mom. I laugh at him as he tries to keep his lips in the same position.

I don't move in to kiss him though, Luke and I may have kissed multiple times but it was still a new thing for me.

He opens his eyes and stands up straight. "You're acting like this is your first kiss." He laughs and caresses my cheek.

I sigh, "No, it's obviously not, but you're only the second guy I've kissed. I really don't know what to do. I normally just let you lead it and hope that I'm doing okay." I admit and feel my cheeks warm up. Luke notices too and places a kiss to each cheek, adding more pink to the already blushed cheeks.

I tried not to think about Ashton, I didn't know when I was going to tell Luke about Ashton kissing me but Luke was really my second kiss. Ashton was my third.