4. gamora and quill

(the plan was to have a meme at the top of every chapter to lighten the mood but i just had to choose this. my heart is broken.)

so, not to be dramatic or anything, but gamora and quill have been one of my otp's since the first guardians of the galaxy. their relationship was so good.

that whole slow burn throughout vol. 2? mmm, yes, what i love and need.

and finally, infinity war provided, and they kissed! even if it was after gamora made quill promise to kill her if thanos got her. my whole heart melted. i was rejoicing. even if drax ruined the moment.

and then thanos DOES get her. and chris pratt - the light of my life - holy MOLY this man can act. his tears as he had to prepare himself to kill the woman he only just admitted his love to? i was sobbing.

i won't lie, the bubbles kind of irritated me. how drax and mantis were warped by the reality stone looked freaking DUMB. it didn't detract from how emotionally invested i am in this couple, though. quill was SO distraught.

quill goes through far too much in this film, i-

do you think gamora is dead-dead? will i never see my otp ever again? only time will tell but for now give me some hope.

//

here's an amazing spoiler discussion from my favourite chris stuckmann and his friends on youtube: https://youtu.be/q1a9en8wY0s

their discussion was really interesting and funny and they come up with some really good talking points about quill and his actions in the film - let me know what you think!